Is there a section with stories of mixing motors in non-factory rolling chassis?

Hey-  I want a project for my son and I to place a motor like a 220 kdx in a kx125 chassis or a xr200 in a crf 250 chassis. Any ideas on the subject - I have access to some specialty metal shop fabrication and tooling- just lookin for ideas or what to avoid. 

Thanks!

I've done 2 kdx/kx hybrids, most of the build info on my site.

Search here, I remember several people posting their builds.

Kdxrider.net has an entire section on the kdx/kx builds.

Edited by H-B-R

Yeah not hard to search for the info you're looking for.  The KX200 in a modern KX250F frame would be really fun.

I really wish someone would compile a set of data for the fit dimensions of every motor.  The X-Y offset of every motor mount from the swingarm, and the width/diameter of each motor mount as well.  Would make things a lot easier.

Yeah not hard to search for the info you're looking for.  The KX200 in a modern KX250F frame would be really fun.

I really wish someone would compile a set of data for the fit dimensions of every motor.  The X-Y offset of every motor mount from the swingarm, and the width/diameter of each motor mount as well.  Would make things a lot easier.

Every motor? Not asking for much are you? LOL!

I built this YZ125/WR200 hybrid. Just finished it this a couple of weeks back. I had a buddy build a KX125/KDX220 (which is what gave me the idea) and they are some fun little woods weapons. I love my Yammie, but if I were to give a recommendation, I would tell someone to go the Kawasaki route. (Better parts availability) Either way it some fun stuff to do and the right combo's can work out well enough that they totally make sense.

johns bike complete.jpg