Stroker dual-sport quiet tip

In an effort to keep the noise down I purchased one of these. Unfortunately, the bike ran EXACTLY like it was ready to foul the plug (although it wasn't), the bike ran awful. I run stock exhaust, jetting is stock - clip on #4 & pilot screw 1.5 turns out. Is there something I'm missing or is this just the way it is?

C2,

If your bike ran perfectly before you installed the quiet tip, then "plugging up" the exhaust could cause the bike to run too rich, due to reduced air flow. Try and figure out where in the throttle you are running too rich and make jetting changes accordingly. It doesn't seem all that unusual that you would run richer with that type of change.

Rich

• Like 1

Originally posted by jim-in-so-ore:

I put in a"quiet tip" from Strokers in my 99 wr. I thought it was too darned loud still. I made my own Vortip which I am very happy with as my bike is street legal.

how did you make your own vortip? I have not seen a vortip. any pics?

I took the restrictor out and cut it off on both sides of the mounting bracket, then I drilled out both plates so a 3/4 in. tubing will fit through it. This I drilled about a million holes in, then welded it to the inside end of the restrictor. On the outside I used another piece of 3/4 in.tubing with a turn down tip and thats it. Still restrictive but quiet enough for me. Sorry no pictures from me but Baja Designs has some on their website. It's either the Vortip or the Baja Baffle. They are somewhat simular.

[i use the Baja Design Baffle on my 99 and have had no problem getting through the noise check at the Dual Sport rides, or the Turkey Runs in New England. This baffle points downward at about a 45 degree angle.I use stock jetting, and WR timing, and a 7oz. flywheel weight. Other than the occasional fart at the bottom, the bike runs great.

Ron S

• Like 1

I recently installed the Vortip from Fineline suspension. These guys claim they have patent rights on this design and sold rights to white bros and baha designs to make copies. The great thing about the Vortip from Fineline is that it is stainless steel. It has three tubes of varying lenghts inside instead of the mono tube on the stock insert. No noticeable noise increase from stock. immediate power increase. A good alternative for those who want a little more without having to wear earplugs. was around 60$