PC Linkage

Guys just installed a PC linkage to my 2005 kx250.  For those of you who have experience with this mod did it really stiffen up the suspension?  It's hard for me to believe that just a couple millimeters difference in links would cause such a drastic change.  The rear is super stiff now, when I sit on the bike it settles about 1 inch and that's it.  

Having ridden the bike, the rear feels much more stable.  I'm just curious if others have had to back way off on the spring to get their sag set back to normal.

Jeekinz,

I set the sag with the stock links.  Now with the PC link installed I'm going to have to do it again due to the increase in stiffness.

The PC site says it will lower and stiffen up the initial stroke of the suspension.....I wasn't expecting as much stiffness as I got.  When you installed the link and sat on your bike could you tell the rear was much stiffer?  I'm 200 pounds (shock has been resprung and revalved prior to PC link) and when I sit on the bike it squats about an inch then stops....

When you get into lowering you need to use percentages instead of general measurements.  But yeah, since you are lowering the rear you need to run less sag.  I think I was at 85mm or something like that, I forget.  You might get some tips on the Kouba link site, or one of those other places that make lowering links.

I think the main reason they said to run that link was to lower the rear, it's a f-ing tall bike.  But the bike turns sweet stock.  If you run it, you need to run the forks as high as possible in the clamps or shorten them.

Here's my thread on that and messing around with Gold Valves.  Hind sight 20/20, I would have just left the bike stock (resprung though) and tuned what was there.  The link added geometry problems and I couldn't get the GV to work.  Good learning experience though.

Thanks for all the input guys!  I'm overseas about 12 hours off so it's hard for me to just pick up the phone and call PC.....

Bearings are a year old, and I use a TQ wrench.  Normal suspension feel, swapped in PC link....super stiff.

When riding the bike it deff doesn't pogo in the rear any more, but man did it stiffen it up!  Guess I'll play with the tightness of the spring.....