Cool gopro view

So, you are saying this one person, speaks for everybody? does that include you? do you really want to be apart of him? there was no need for what he said, it was very immature. I made a mistake by not giving the video credit first, then critique last. It's people like this, that give a bad image for many others, and gives people a stereotypical view of what people are like on the Internet, they hide behind their pc. but, I guess there are more of this person around, so when somebody has a "stereotypical" idea, they are correct.

It was a very good video, and a great race, It would bring a better picture, and more enjoyable to watch, if the camera was more on the back of the helmet, and pointed down a tad bit more, and the anti shake just ruins it because it zooms in.

I thought the video was boring personally. The sarcastic point I was making is people post stuff and only want people to tell them how great it/they are/is. The second someone says something opposed they get butt hurt.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think it was just an edit feature. You keep seeing the helmet come in and out of the bottom of the screen, or at least I think it's the helmet. This would mean that the camera is moving independently from the helmet.

I was thinking the same thing. The way the helmet kept coming in and out of view means he can't be using the standard rigid mount.

It is an edit "feature", take a look at this video. 

The same technique was applied to the video in this thread however they also zoomed the video in so that you don't see the black bars.

It looks like he's using some kind of gyro stabilized mount. It's so smooth.

I'd love to see the mount he's using.. Good vid!

I was thinking the same thing. The way the helmet kept coming in and out of view means he can't be using the standard rigid mount.

PRO TIP: The BEST way to get stabilized video from your Gopro without any image stabilization hardware is by recording video at a higher resolution than the intended viewing resolution and using Adobe Premier to stabilize the image. For example if you record the video at 2K 30fps when performing image stabilization on Adobe it will remove pixels from the video effectively making the video smaller than 2k (but larger than 1080p) with random black bands along the edges (top and bottom).

ae.jpg

(note the random black bars along the edges of the video, looks like a crooked picture, but the video will look be stable when played back)

Once you have that stabilization you can output the video in a perfect square as either 1080p or 720p and have it appear really smooth without losing any resolution. This is done by the software further cutting down the video effectively removing the black bands along the edges. The advantage of doing it this way is when looking at the output video 1080p or 720p you don't lose any resolution at all and gain image stabilization.

Protip: All 1080p isn't 1080p. Due to the Gopro sensor and the processor, the actual optimum resolution from the sensor is taken when the video is recorded at 1080p 30fps. with that in mind for the best image I would record at 1080p for the best picture quality and cut down to 720p for image stabilization. This would produce the clearest best looking video.

It's a feature on youtube that removes the shakiness of the video. Usually it makes everything look laggy and jumpy, but it looks great in this video!

The problem with letting Youtube do it for you is that you will lose resolution and a 1080p video will be cut to something like 720p. its always better to edit with the raw video so you have final control over the output.

It is an edit "feature", take a look at this video. 

The same technique was applied to the video in this thread however they also zoomed the video in so that you don't see the black bars.

That is exactly the method that was used in the original video and I described the only difference is that the video you posted was filmed in a resolution that could not be further cut so you don't have the video box floating up and down. The only correction I would add to your post is that the original video was NOT zoomed in, it was cut again after stabilization to remove the floating box that is evident in your video. Zoomed in would mean stretching the pixels by a factor equal to the zoom size lowering the resolution.

Edited by BehindTheGreenDoor
  • Like 2