Post Beta for sale from anywhere here

I have watched many pros race and seldom they hit the rev limiter when racing HS/GNCC/Enduro. 450-520cc have a lot of power and speed for the woods for any non pro racer. Ohio is a cheaper state than some but Beta's don't have the resale valve like other brands here. They rank with Kawasaki/Suzuki MX bikes but will sit longer before a sale. Honda, Yamaha, some models of Husqvarna and especially KTM will be gone quickly and loose less off of a new advertised pricing. This is base mostly on the unfamiliarity of the brand.

Well, I'm pretty sure his bikes were race bikes (I think that guy is a racer). I think, even though race bikes can be well maintained, that constantly bouncing them off the rev limiter deserves a decent discount.

Plus, he's in a relatively cheap state (OH).

It's still a good deal from what can be seen and compared to Betas sold everywhere else in the country...or everywhere that we all can see online. You see some comparable prices anywhere?

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

It's still a good deal from what can be seen and compared to Betas sold everywhere else in the country...or everywhere that we all can see online. You see some comparable prices anywhere?

His prices are really cheap... again, I might be wrong here, but I think I've seen the same guy selling some other [good] bikes at big discounts. I think he gets them as a sponsored racer (either free, or a huge discount) and sells them at the end of the season. 

I hope I'm thinking of the same guy, so I'm not just spewing BS.

If I lived in OH, I'd probably buy a bike from him.

• Like 1

His prices are really cheap... again, I might be wrong here, but I think I've seen the same guy selling some other [good] bikes at big discounts. I think he gets them as a sponsored racer (either free, or a huge discount) and sells them at the end of the season. 

I hope I'm thinking of the same guy, so I'm not just spewing BS.

If I lived in OH, I'd probably buy a bike from him.

Yea I don't know the scoop but I'm thinking I'd pick it up. Of course I've been liking this particular model for a few years now too besides a 300 Beta 2t. How many bikes can we have again?.. as much as your wife won't bitch about?.. My wife doesn't know that I bought an old husky 430 from Nov of last year. Hiding in plain sight under a cover... such a beautiful addiction this motorcycle thing.

Yea I'd like this too!!

photo2.jpg?52

Hey what kind of brake discs are those? That isn't stock   is it?

Yes I'm a racer,I got a discount on the bikes just under dealer cost,the bikes have low hrs on them.I just try to pass on the deals to someone else,I don't like dnf's so the bikes are well maintained.I don't think the 498 as a rev limiter,if it does I never hit it. The rotors was stock time of pics.As a solid rotor on rear now.I'm riding a 13 300rr right now,Hey HR I still have a crate.

Rodney Judson

• Like 1

Yes I'm a racer,I got a discount on the bikes just under dealer cost,the bikes have low hrs on them.I just try to pass on the deals to someone else,I don't like dnf's so the bikes are well maintained.I don't think the 498 as a rev limiter,if it does I never hit it. The rotors was stock time of pics.As a solid rotor on rear now.I'm riding a 13 300rr right now,Hey HR I still have a crate.

Rodney Judson

:thinking:

Rodney Judson

Nice. I don't feel like an idiot. Those things would sell for a lot more where I live (NYC).

Yea.. This is a good bike...not much miles and well set up. I'm not a trials tire guy but that's minor. People just don't know how good these bikes are.. but Hawaii riders tend to go 2 stroke before 4 stroke with the tight riding and weight. Still I love my 525 . It works great in the trails as long as I don't have to push or carry it's the bomb. Moke rider.. a fellow TTr has improved this bike with some good mods too. Someone will score. ..This is very close to where I live and this bike came to Oahu with my bike if I'm not mistaken. I think this was one of 2  demo 08' 525 rr's and mine was the first new and an 09 and an RS. 

• 2 weeks later...

http://motorcycles.oodle.com/beta/for-sale/

So the word is Beta's are getting harder to get..  Demand is getting higher than supply depending on where you live so contacting those further away places for bikes may be the only way to get what you want. My dealer has ordered some because the 14's are getting hard to get so he's getting what he can before no more. That's just locally . Where it's snowing I'm sure there's an adjusted story.. but they can move their bikes to those that have better weather to ride right now. On a side note my dealer rode King of the Motos and said he had a good time. He came in 23rd even with a big crash. .I've avoided going there trying to hold myself back from buying a new bike. There was a new 300 there that has since been bought.. now there's a 250 that's tempting me and more bikes coming.. 

..not sure how accurate these bike searches are..

http://www.cycletrader.com/Beta-For-Sale----Beta-Motorcycles/search-results?make=Beta%7C2315448&vrsn=hybrid

Here are a couple out of our local rag. 

One each vintage trials bike

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=28964808&cat=236&lpid=&search=Beta&ad_cid=2

and a newer trials bike

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=28686862&cat=236&lpid=&search=Beta&ad_cid=3

Wish I had the bucks for that '05.  It is how I would get a new one set up for some of the trails we ride here.   Theres one area above Perry Utah thats switch back hell on my WR450F.   I have not tried it on the 520 yet.  Still too much snow too low on the mountain.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

2013 498RR. Bike was purchased in march of last year, it has 95 hours and is in great shape. I have all of the stock parts to go along with these extras that are on the bike. IMS 3.2 GAL tank, Beta Shark Fin, Slave cyl guard, Fastaway EVO footpegs, Bulletproof Radiator guards, Almost new tires, Renthal Windam Bend bars, Moose handguards, plastic skidplate. Also comes with a Oklahoma Tag. Has 2 extra air filters, new front fender, headlight, stock aluminum skid plate, 3.8 gal Clarke tank, and the stock sprocket set.

Just freshened the bike up. Has 2014 plastic, guts soft tall seat, new Dirt tricks sprockets, new oring chain, Silicone Radiator hoses, Hyde Racing Skid plate, Dirt Tricks front rotor, new wheel bearings, new rear tire, still motivated to sell.

6700.00 OBO ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1395714844.862047.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1395714861.078325.jpg

Edited by bmeador
  • Like 1

2013 498RR. Bike was purchased in march of last year, it has 95 hours and is in great shape. I have all of the stock parts to go along with these extras that are on the bike. IMS 3.2 GAL tank, Beta Shark Fin, Slave cyl guard, Fastaway EVO footpegs, Bulletproof Radiator guards, Almost new tires, Renthal Windam Bend bars, Moose handguards, plastic skidplate. Also comes with a Oklahoma Tag. Has 2 extra air filters, new front fender, headlight, stock aluminum skid plate, 3.8 gal Clarke tank, and the stock sprocket set.

Just freshened the bike up. Has 2014 plastic, guts soft tall seat, new Dirt tricks sprockets, new oring chain, Silicone Radiator hoses, Hyde Racing Skid plate, Dirt Tricks front rotor, new wheel bearings, new rear tire, still motivated to sell.

6700.00 OBO 📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1395714844.862047.jpg📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1395714861.078325.jpg

6000.00! Motivated to sell! Somebody make me a offer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...