hawaiidirtrider

Post Beta for sale from anywhere here

Unless this bike is trashed, it's a great price for any bike this size and year. What would be an over price?? 50% off a bike in 3 years is very bad even in today's market. Add $2k if it was another brand! I was tossing around selling my bike but after seeing what Beta's resale values are I have to keep it.

Its not Beta specific. Its any bike. There was a ktm 250 2012 with only a few hours on it locally. It was basicly brand new and it finally went for $4500. It was at $6500 first.. No takers. At the same time some were paying over 9 k for new Beta 300s. Go figure.. It just depends

• Like 1

I have two for sale a 2011 520rr $3,800.00 and a 2012 498rr  $4,800.00. The 11 Has about 100 hrs on it and the 2012 Has only around 75 hrs,the 12 needs a headlight bulb,the 2011 needs a battery and carb.rejetted its A little lean. Click on link to see some pictures of bikes... Thank you

http://s854.photobucket.com/user/rdj1969/slideshow/

With these prices my bike is defiantly over priced

Really it kind of goes to who is out there with money and how much you can get....Your price seems fair to me.. It's always better to start higher no matter what you are selling. Put $1500 and someone will want $1000 it's weird like that.. Put 6K and someone might say $4500.. You just don't know who's out there. Actually that bike really doesn't have that many miles on it. It came as a demo with few miles and from what I know of the bike it didn't have a lot of riding time on it. You didn't even ride this bike very much either right? .. plus the bike looks great and you added a bunch of goodies on it. I like the way the bike looks. When I first got my bike my initial plan was to put the plastics you have on (red) and even the graphics. I like those graphics actually better than the 08' ones. That's 07? I think? I like the big B on there..The beauty of this bike is it's easy to ride. ..and ride fast.  The bike handles well and never does anything stupid.. so linear power wise too. I think it's a good buy. .. of course I'm biased. I have one and love mine. Are you getting anything else or did you get something else already? 

00r0r_e2zxkeAQdZx_600x450.jpg

The bike doesn't have that many miles 14xx I got it with 700 so in a year and a half I put on what other owners did in 4 years. The bike is awesome and I have it all set up for me. I did the last race and got 33rd in the B class, not bad for my first race. I even think I could of done better, but my wife didn't even know I was racing and I knew I would have to watch the kids the next day so didn't want to go to full exhaustion. All the guys I ride with have made the change from four stroke to two stroke, mainly for weight savings. And you know how the peanut gallery can be. I'm liking the Idea of 40 to 50 pounds less to have to pick up when I fall over. Have to figure out how to explain to the wife why I need a new Beta 300, or it may just be a YZ that I build out over time. Still having a hard time with buying a brand new bike knowing what's in store for it at Kahuku!! Any body with a 2013 Beta 300 that wants 6k?

The bike doesn't have that many miles 14xx I got it with 700 so in a year and a half I put on what other owners did in 4 years. The bike is awesome and I have it all set up for me. I did the last race and got 33rd in the B class, not bad for my first race. I even think I could of done better, but my wife didn't even know I was racing and I knew I would have to watch the kids the next day so didn't want to go to full exhaustion. All the guys I ride with have made the change from four stroke to two stroke, mainly for weight savings. And you know how the peanut gallery can be. I'm liking the Idea of 40 to 50 pounds less to have to pick up when I fall over. Have to figure out how to explain to the wife why I need a new Beta 300, or it may just be a YZ that I build out over time. Still having a hard time with buying a brand new bike knowing what's in store for it at Kahuku!! Any body with a 2013 Beta 300 that wants 6k?

The Beta 300 is the hottest bike out there now... stand in line I think everyone would like one for 6k .  A lighter bike is better for tight kahuku trails.. but.. still that magic button makes a huge difference and your 08 525 has that . The key is if you have to get off your bike or not. If you don't have to get off your bike your bike is still the bomb. If you have to carry or charge technical stuff and manhandle the bike  is the only time there is an advantage with the 2 stroke. The Beta 300 is the secret weapon.. well not that secret.. but a lighter 2 stroke with an awesome motor that hooks up and an awesome handling bike that has a reliable electric start. That's just the ultimate bike.. at least for local techical stuff.  Joe (tiki cycle) has  given me shit and probably rightly so to get rid of all my bikes and just get a Beta 300. He was right before when I got my 525 .   I'm still loving my 09 525 .. and my cr.. etc.. just attached and they are great bikes that are paid for and set up... just that they aren't as great as a 300 setup.    Maybe I'll be lucky and get a used one later.. but I am happy with no debt for bikes..  I still have to pay for the new fridge I just got.. Damn those are expensive!!! Supposed to be 3k but I got it on sale for $1100 plus service contract..  close to 2k.. plus I have to fix my air in my van.. all to live within budget. Still I just saw more obits of friends passing away today.. More incentive to just go buy a new Beta!!!!

I think you did great in the last race.. That thing was brutal!!! Congrats and good luck getting what you can for this Beta to get the newer better Beta!!! I know that's a good bike. I rode it.. and it has less miles than mine.

Yea but those are ridiculously low priced.. and in Ohio. Your bike is good..and you can drop down a little later if you have to.. but I wouldn't..for a while. See if you get any nibbles first. The worse that can happen is you ride it and don't spend more money a bit longer.  I wouldn't sell this bike and get a yz. It's lighter but no button... maybe keep your bike and find a deal on a yz and have 2 bikes. Then you'll ride both and compare. It's lighter but not really better... That button makes riding much easier.. kind of spoils you.

Hey here's a little local new Beta 2 stroke vid.. not the newest but close to..   

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

You my friend win deals of the day. I'd be all over it if I lived anywhere close.

Both look great but I'm partial to red..

photo2.jpg?52

485217_342149359171167_1243317475_n.jpg?

Really if this was in Hawaii I'd have bought and be loading one of these bikes up right now.. I want a 2 stroke Beta 300 next but I'd postpone and get one of these first  . 

• Like 1

I have two for sale a 2011 520rr $3,800.00 and a 2012 498rr  $4,800.00. The 11 Has about 100 hrs on it and the 2012 Has only around 75 hrs,the 12 needs a headlight bulb,the 2011 needs a battery and carb.rejetted its A little lean. Click on link to see some pictures of bikes... Thank you

http://s854.photobucket.com/user/rdj1969/slideshow/

Prices are what they are, sometimes things are a blowout and liquidation is the name of the game. as if these two bikes were in California at this time of the year they would be sold within 2 weeks at full price. But I can see in Ohio at this time of the year it could be a tough sell. 

I've sold bikes at full asking price in a few short weeks, but in the right time of the year. I have a neighbor that just had to unload a nice Orange 530, it sold for $4500. Smoking deal, if ya like those bikes. Just depends if a person wants to dump a toy fast.....

Buying or selling dirt bikes like any other toy is a impulsive decision with lots of emotion sprinkled in. Right person/right time fair prices can be had.......

I was going to buy a 2011 520rs last fall full of bling, 500 miles, tons of stuff (skid plates/guards/tires/gearing/tanks/steering dampener/etc. for $6500, yet it sold too fast and I did the BYOB thing instead.....

Also too many people do not do enough research on shipping, there still are some great deals out there to move bikes throughout the country, or the world.

• Like 1

I'd take it.. just another project bike... What's the story? Where'd you get this pic?

Bikepics.com

Can't find story behind the pic.

• Like 1

http://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/4315278529.html

This is a good one for the earlier gen Beta enduro.. a race replica with a big bore.,upgrades, front fender etc..

00N0N_nQk4Xp737d_600x450.jpg

00d0d_e97MgSediYV_600x450.jpg

that's my old racer..  current owner took ownership with a bad connecting rod..   took over to DLR for a full rebuild..   No doubt with new valves, piston and rod..  this bike is a monster....  absolutely one of the best bikes a I ever had..

• Like 1

Here is an ad in SLO county for a 2013 450RR for $6000.  Tempted to go check it out.  My 2008 is fun to ride but to have a 5 year newer Beta might be even more fun. 

http://slo.craigslist.org/mcy/4321677146.html

00x0x_apZtjNiRHxt_600x450_zps66f9791a.jp

Quicker steering.. more top I'd figure  than  on your current style level (if it were a 450) Beta........ but that's still plenty power.. Awesome deal for a new bike. 6k is a minimum $5800..or more depending on what the reason for selling is.. IDK for me somehow I'd just have to wait for a 498rr /520 .  I like the big bore..and the big bores are real easy to ride... like all of them Betas though..

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Well, I'm pretty sure his bikes were race bikes (I think that guy is a racer). I think, even though race bikes can be well maintained, that constantly bouncing them off the rev limiter deserves a decent discount.

Plus, he's in a relatively cheap state (OH).