hawaiidirtrider

Post Beta for sale from anywhere here

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, MixinGasKickinAss said:

I have a hard time believing that. Dealers pay 6500 for a new xtrainer. Then they pay to have it shipped to them.  Factor in sales tax and you’re otd price means that the dealer is literally paying you to take that bike. 

Certainly your right to believe whatever you want.  I guess Grand Mesa PowerSports paid me to take it.

Total invoice below is for $7288.  Note that there are $238 in parts, leaving $7050 for the bike ($7000 sales price + $50 doc fee).

Moto ElPaso also offered to sell me one for $6873 OTD (second pic is the email with the dealer from his Craigslist ad.  I also talked with him several times on the phone).  Had planned to buy this one until Grand Mesa offered their for $7050, and saved me about 250 extra miles on my way back from Montrose, CO to Alabama.

I look around, especially when I'm already making a trip somewhere, I'll look at every dealer along the way, or even slightly out of the way, and I'll search Craigslist as well.  Son does the same thing.  

Deals are out there.

I don't have a local Beta dealer (250 + miles away), so I bought it wherever I could get the best OTD deal.

Beta 1.jpg

beta2.jpg

Edited by markbfe501
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, weantright said:

I always thought OTD price included tax. Does your state collect tax??

Only if I were to title it in my state, which I have no plan to do.

Edited by markbfe501

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/d/cr500-beta-supermoto/6706674353.html

CR500 Beta Supermoto - $7500 (Grove city) 

CR500 powered Beta supermoto for sale. It's a 2012 and I am the original owner. The engine is an 88 CR500. Mildly ported, upgraded inner clutch cover, new water pump, Hinson billet basket, new clutch and a Magura hydraulic clutch. Top end has about 10hrs on it. The carb is a PWK 39.5. 
The suspension was done by Racetech. It's sprung for 220lbs. It's lowered 2". It has Racetech gold valves front and rear. All the suspension work was performed by Racetech. It also has a Scott's steering dampner. 
The wheels are Excel with Rad hubs. The rims, spokes and spoke nips are all powder coated black. 
The front brake setup is made by Braking and was a prototype I got directly from Beta. It's a 16mm master and two piston supermoto caliper with a 320mm disk. 
She's no trailer queen. There are some dings on the wheels from tire changes and scuffs here and there.But you can see from the pics it's pretty damn clean. 
It's street legal. The lights run on a total loss system. Only the rear is hooked up at this time.
Test rides with full asking price, in cash, in my hand. No trades whatsoever. Of course I have a clean and clear title in hand. Text is best 740-438-three61five

00B0B_aUcb7sNEgo3_1200x900.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/29/2018 at 8:02 PM, MixinGasKickinAss said:

I have a hard time believing that. Dealers pay 6500 for a new xtrainer.

They still make $$$ at invoice price and get rebates on quantity sold.

I cannot believe any dealer could stay in business only making $700 per bike.

On 9/29/2018 at 5:02 PM, MixinGasKickinAss said:

I have a hard time believing that. Dealers pay 6500 for a new xtrainer. Then they pay to have it shipped to them.  Factor in sales tax and you’re otd price means that the dealer is literally paying you to take that bike. 

Dealers make very little money on dirtbikes. I think it’s parts and accessories and just an added steady customer so money might be in the long run. It sucks worse in Hawaii. Shipping is so high for everything here. Lots of you don’t have the super high shipping costs . It’s why I marvel at the low prices compared to what everyone has to pay here. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, markbfe501 said:

Only if I were to title it in my state, which I have no plan to do.

So your OTD price is just the bike price. Got it!

6 hours ago, Bermudacat said:

They still make $$$ at invoice price and get rebates on quantity sold.

I cannot believe any dealer could stay in business only making $700 per bike.

I know for a fact dealers can and have expanded their business over the years by selling low. Wal-Mart sales practice, 1 item at $100 or 10 at $10 profit. Many ways to sell a bike, parts and service. If the customer is leaving happy then it's a good sale. I just went thru the buying process and couldn't give my money to KTM. Uncompetitive dealers, MSRP and crazy fees resulted in a loss sale. Can't stay in business not selling bikes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, weantright said:

I know for a fact dealers can and have expanded their business over the years by selling low. Wal-Mart sales practice, 1 item at $100 or 10 at $10 profit. Many ways to sell a bike, parts and service. If the customer is leaving happy then it's a good sale. I just went thru the buying process and couldn't give my money to KTM. Uncompetitive dealers, MSRP and crazy fees resulted in a loss sale. Can't stay in business not selling bikes.

Ditto. The KTM/Husky shop up north gave me severe sticker shock. They are in the low rent district and have the highest prices. You walk in and there is a football game on the big screen. They don't want to miss the end of the quarter so they are nowhere near the bikes.:facepalm:

Seriously? In this day and age they should have the last Hare Scramble on video.

11k+ for a carbed TE300.

That got me looking at Betas 'most Ricki-Ticki' :D

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

In the spring a 2018 TE250 was $9500 OTD tax title everything, 300 was a couple hundred more. Beta was or is $1200 less, while they are good bikes many don't work well with the bikes. I personally like the latest TE's over the Beta.

Edited by weantright

A guy I met on Saturday bought a 2018 TE250 for 9k OTD.

Not too bad.

A 2018 300RE can be had for the same price.

He said they wanted $9,800 for the TE300. We're talking carbed, not injected.

My understanding is all the 2018 250RE's are gone, save one that will come back from demo.

The Beta comes with switchgear, dual stage reeds and the FMF pipe; all things I would need to add if I purchased the Husky.

Beta= Much better value.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bermudacat said:

A guy I met on Saturday bought a 2018 TE250 for 9k OTD.

Not too bad.

A 2018 300RE can be had for the same price.

He said they wanted $9,800 for the TE300. We're talking carbed, not injected.

My understanding is all the 2018 250RE's are gone, save one that will come back from demo.

The Beta comes with switchgear, dual stage reeds and the FMF pipe; all things I would need to add if I purchased the Husky.

Beta= Much better value.

It's only a better value if you like the bike and it suite you.

5 hours ago, weantright said:

It's only a better value if you like the bike and it suite you.

I tend to only speak for myself. ;)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bermudacat said:

That’s a great policy. Still for anyone .. more for your money is still more for your money. Beta is more for your money. All bikes these days are great and can be setup to work great. There are just subtle differences that some guys play up much more than others.  For everyone it is still a basic compare what you get for your money. It’s always still a take inventory of a bike and what it has and doesn’t have and see how much it costs then compare.  Different riders  are going to buy a variety of bikes to their preferences no matter what.. but if one puts forth a list of what you get for your money Beta is the best. I still compare what you get with a husky or ktm or sherco or yamaha or gasgas or Beta etc on a regular basis for fun. I bet you have and a bunch here have at one time or another. I think your earlier post shows that. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Just got my new Dirtbike mag in the mail today. I know that there’s a wide difference in prices of any brand and model.. Still msrp is still the given basic price comparison. Some places it’s more or less after adding fees and tax and others it’s less but just to get a ballpark figure here’s some numbers. Of course before starting to comparing just add a 6 month or 1 year warranty. No other company is even in the same ballpark . Even since my first 09’ Beta Im still amazed that a company gives  a dirt bike a 1 year warranty. That’s still sort of retarded but I’ll take it every time over other companies.

85523864-BDB1-41CF-8F6F-08562A512BD4.jpeg

00876038-8E60-48FC-9725-6BBDC60116F6.jpeg

04E11039-29A3-4E42-AAE1-2D8C389F49A5.jpeg

FECCDF7A-8136-4F0F-AD9E-B45CC0A33DD8.jpeg

38B39A42-CD9E-4524-B699-3DBCB49114C0.jpeg

On 9/30/2018 at 2:25 PM, markbfe501 said:

Certainly your right to believe whatever you want.  I guess Grand Mesa PowerSports paid me to take it.

Total invoice below is for $7288.  Note that there are $238 in parts, leaving $7050 for the bike ($7000 sales price + $50 doc fee).

Moto ElPaso also offered to sell me one for $6873 OTD (second pic is the email with the dealer from his Craigslist ad.  I also talked with him several times on the phone).  Had planned to buy this one until Grand Mesa offered their for $7050, and saved me about 250 extra miles on my way back from Montrose, CO to Alabama.

I look around, especially when I'm already making a trip somewhere, I'll look at every dealer along the way, or even slightly out of the way, and I'll search Craigslist as well.  Son does the same thing.  

Deals are out there.

I don't have a local Beta dealer (250 + miles away), so I bought it wherever I could get the best OTD deal.

Beta 1.jpg

beta2.jpg

Wow... Everywhere is better than Hawaii prices.. for everything.. not just Betas.. but in this case those are impressive prices. . Incredible incredible  great prices. .. Lucky you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Wow... Everywhere is better than Hawaii prices.. for everything.. not just Betas.. but in this case those are impressive prices. . Incredible incredible  great prices. .. Lucky you.

I bet you get fantastic prices on pineapple. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Bermudacat said:

I was implying if the bike doesn't suit you, power delivery, cockpit, suspension or overall package then a couple of hundred dollars of parts will not make a difference.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AdamChandler said:

I bet you get fantastic prices on pineapple. 

Even that isn’t the greatest. You know most pineapple doesn’t come from Hawaii anymore. Sugar and pineapple plantations are gone. There’s only a couple of for show pineapple fields on Oahu just for show and some small local distribution.. All the rest of the plantations on all the islands are gone. I did get a nice local pineapple from Costco though the other day.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1