Sign in to follow this  

What was the worst dirt bike you ever owned.

1998 cr250. Arguably one of the best motors ever integrated in a MX bike but absolutely the worst frame ever made. I would also like to note the suspension was also terrible and even with aftermarket enhancements the bike never truly felt dialed in .

1998 cr250. Arguably one of the best motors ever integrated in a MX bike but absolutely the worst frame ever made. I would also like to note the suspension was also terrible and even with aftermarket enhancements the bike never truly felt dialed in .

Didn't McGrath go back to the older steel frame half way through the SX season that year. I know he wanted to but Honda were obviously dead against it :lol:

• Like 1

Ahhh, yes.

I would say, klx 300 and a Suzuki sp 125&250.

The kawi kept sucking valves into the head.

The Suzuki's, just sucked!

99 kx125

I had the 98' if it wasn't a top end it was the clutch. I know I weighed a whopping 115lbs when racing it but every month it was something. Then it would be down for a week or two.

The worst bikes are the ones that are never ridden, so I'd say mine was an '83 KX80.  I'd outgrown the best bike I ever had (83 CR60), so my dad bought me the used KX for my birthday.  Blew up the piston on the first ride. We didn't have the know-how or cash to fix it, so it stayed in the shop for about 5 months (eternity for an addicted 11yr old boy). When I finally got it back, it was stolen from our shed before I could ever ride it (along with my dad & brothers bikes).  Ever since then, I've been praying to catch someone stealing a motorcycle so I can take my KX 80 out of his ass karma style. 

• Like 3

04 kx250f. that was an absolute bitch to start, it either started first kick or didn't start at all. and everytime it stalled it would take a solid 10 minutes of kicking for it to start again. but despite all that, the thing was an animal. so much power for a 250f

The worst bikes are the ones that are never ridden, so I'd say mine was an '83 KX80.  I'd outgrown the best bike I ever had (83 CR60), so my dad bought me the used KX for my birthday.  Blew up the piston on the first ride. We didn't have the know-how or cash to fix it, so it stayed in the shop for about 5 months (eternity for an addicted 11yr old boy). When I finally got it back, it was stolen from our shed before I could ever ride it (along with my dad & brothers bikes).  Ever since then, I've been praying to catch someone stealing a motorcycle so I can take my KX 80 out of his ass karma style. 

That sux   :lame: .

I made one 83 KX 80 from 2 2nd hand bikes and it was running on Av Gas :lol: . I loved it :thumbsup:

None of them were really that bad.

I suppose the least good would be the XR600 where everything on it was worn out and keeping it running was a chore.  That bike still represents a large share of my good riding memories for only having it 1.5 years, and the majority of my "I don't effing believe this" memories.

Edited by OrangeYZ

That sux   :lame: .

I made one 83 KX 80 from 2 2nd hand bikes and it was running on Av Gas :lol: . I loved it :thumbsup:

NICE!!   ring ring, riiiiaaaaiiiiaaaaaiiiing..... I still cant get enough of that 2 stroke 80-85cc sound

I don't know why everyone is hating on the 2000, 1999 etc kx125

That was my first full size bike and i loved it, sure the clutch was gone before i got it and it was leaking from every seal possible but once i got that fixed it went pretty good. On the track i am way faster on my 2011 250sxf but the kx125 is way more fun to ride, and for some reason i never get arm pump on it i dont know why. Well thats my 2 cents

I owned 2 Suzuki's which I learned to regret.  1st was an '80s dirt bike, I broke the frame in half landing off a jump.  The next was a '90s street bike that had such a huge motor but couldn't turn worth a damn.  That thing was scary. I would bend & twist the rear axle if I gave it too much throttle.

Edited by superslyko

'05 YZ125.  On the sixth ride I went into a big loamy bowl turn and it decided to go over the top when I wanted it to turn.  It was on the chopping block the next day...

My 2009 KX250F.

Great engine, great suspension, terrible quality.

My worst was also my favorite. I had an early run 02 YZ125 with a horrible bog. Took ages to get it sorted out. A few hard crashes due to it bogging on faces of jumps etc. it ended up being the float level was wrong. We had to take it out of spec to make it work right. My second 02 YZ 125 never had the bog and was the best bike I owned. My first one was perfect after but I had no trust in it after.

GEE....I wonder which one Kranny will offer up??  LOL

Well I was just going to say after owning 60 dirt/race bikes in my life, I have been told by Kranny my KTM is the WORST!, now we all know KRANNY is the best, knows more, has more, only has the best , he could sell his old bikes 1 year later, they have absolutley no wear and tear, in fact his dealer buys them and passes them off as NEW 1 yr old bikes. He doesn't have to have any tools,because his bikes are so perfect, they never need service they are the fastest on the dirt, the lightest, best handling, in fact he is a secret consultant to all the Major manufacturers on all details to the MC market, EXCEPT KTM, because he says they are not a Motorcycle.

Ps, I spoke to somebody that knows him and was in his house once, every wall and ceiling is a mirror, so he can marvel at his image of perfection and exceptionalism!

• Like 1