Can someone explain the Rapture Airbox mod?

OOOOH yes, very much so. The only drawback is if you ride in wet conditions. When the vents are removed and the back of the airbox is cut, there is a greater potential for sucking water into the carb. How much potential is debatable in my opinion. I ride here in cali where it is dry for the most part so this is not a factor for me.

I think I missed the Rapture Airbox mods. Could someone please explain what it consists of? I tried a search but couldn't find something. Thanks in advance.

Actually, it's the FFRacing779 airbox mod. His dyno testing is what prompted me to do it, if he says it works, it does. He does this for a living after all ?

It WILL cause the filter to get dirtier sooner, but I clean my filter after every day of riding, so no big deal for me anyway.

I did it in one clean cut with a new razor blade.It looks factory done ,no backfire screen too ?.

James :D

Pooo!!! :)All I had was a hacksaw blade! I need to clean it up one day...but heck, it's under the seat, hidden, so who knows... :D

I been running w/o the screen since...well...a long time ago.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did mine on the bike with a sharp blade, would you like to see pictures?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep! As long as the pics don't have more of your avatar in them

Sorry about the blur.

fa051753.jpg

Flois don't worry about the screen. If you want you can do the airbox mod leave the screen in and take some laps. Then put it back in and take some laps. Then you decide. The screen comes out easy and will go back in if you want!

I will clean mine up as I go back together with it tonight and tomorrow

Will take multiple passes to cut. Make the first pass with the blade light and accurate. Then apply more pressure as the cut get deeper. Should take about 5 minutes for the total job.

Are you guys doing the mod to the box with the stock air filter? IMO, Twin or better yet, UNI has better air flow than stock, to the point were the air(2-stroke) or fuel(4-stroke) screw adjustments are needed when used. We ride in mud about 1/3 of the time so openning up the box is a risky thing to do. In the 70's and early 80's we used to cut 1" holes in the air box and screen them for better air flow. I sucked up so much mud on one race that I had about 1/2 mm of dried up mud on the top of the piston, as it rattled in the cylinder. It was a good reason for rebore and oversize.

Actually, it's the FFRacing779 airbox mod. His dyno testing is what prompted me to do it, if he says it works, it does.

What were the results of the dyno testing? Searched couldn't find anything.

-Rog