Kenda K270 guys, help

I believe I want to swap over and try a set of K270s from my D606s , my problem is sizing

I've scoured the net and havent been able to find a pic of 4.50-18s (which I understand is bigger than a 4.60) on a DRZ (plenty of 5.10), 5.10s are nice but if the 4.50 isn't too much smaller, I might go that direction for height reasons. 

While I'm asking, is the diff between 2.75 and 3" fronts really only a 1/4 inch or is there height differences there too? I don't know but seems like it would be good to match the radius, front and back for handling. I've done a skinny to fat front tire before, and it seemed to slow the turn due to the wider radius of the tire. 

thanks for any input 

Sizes 2.75 and 3.00 with no aspect ratio are assumed to be 100 aspect ratio.  So yes a 3.00 is taller than 2.75.

Sizes 4.10, 4.60 and 5.10 have an aspect ratio of 90 so they are considered "low profile" tires.  Not a huge amount of difference in any of the sizes you mention plus not all tires of the same size are actually the same size (manufacturers tolerance).  You would be fine with 2.75 or 3.00 front paired with 4.50, 4.60 or 5.10 rear.

I personally had a set of 270s. I liked them. Went with the 5.10-18 on the back. Big, heavy gripping tire. Combined with a 3.25-21 on the front. With the mere 34-38 hp my stock engine gets the 5.10 was probably to big. A size or two down would work well. I really liked the way the 270 hooked up in back. Does not like low air pressure on the road. Can throw knobs if to hot from road heat at low a/p. But is rated as a ride flat cuz of the stiff sidewalls. As for the front the ride is okay but if you do a lot of dirt you may be happier with a more dirt rated tire. The Kenda 270s are supposedly rated 50/50 on/off road. They are usually priced well and work just fine. Best to spend the time learning to ride whatever kind you go with. It's the Indian...not the Arrow! Oh if you get a new set be careful at first and scuff them in well. They are slippery when brand new...ask me how I know. ?

I wish i could tell you about all the dirt i ride, but the reality is, im lucky to get a ride or two out on some backroads outside of town when home from work. That and I hate the look of a half worn knobby being the reason to change, along with not wanting to change the rake (or fork angle,whtever the term) far from stock, i already have a slight bit of headshake at higher speeds im hoping to kill at the same time

I realize it shouldnt be that hard but trying to make it a one purchase thing

4.50 is really bigger than a 4.60? I have a hard time wrapping my head around that

Yes 4.50 is bigger than 4.60. Sizes 4.10, 4.60, 5.10 was (is) an odd way of denoting low profile tires before the now common practice of acutely putting the profile in the size designation was popular.  My guess is a 4.10-18 is about the same as a 110/90-18.  You can probably google the sizes and come up with some real size numbers or visit the manufacturer's web site.