Sign in to follow this  

2014 exc 500 supermoto

i have picked up the new exc 500 due to the fact i was not to fond of my 07 ktm super duke 990 any more.  i can say that this is the best bike that i have ever ridden on the street; theres nothing like riding a light nimble dirt bike in tight back roads. I'm still in the process of building this bike the way i want it, but i wanted to put up what i have so far.

A picture of the super duke

23tf2ns.jpg

First ride on the 500

210k7kh.jpg

Put on the supermoto rims and tires, smr front fender , ktm parts bark busters

wja135.jpg

fl9ax1.jpg

Riding threw some trails with my buddy and his 2014 350 exc-f

2gtrsyh.jpg

Christmas present to myself fmf 4.1 silencer

2mfbwjt.jpg

• Like 2

I dig it man! I have questioned whether to did a SM conversion on my 500exc also but I still like the offroad capabilities of knobbies. I bomb around my wifes DRZ SM with Distanzas and sometime K270s and its still pretty useless in tougher conditions....

Looks good buddy!  I got one a '14 500exc back in August.  These bikes are animals!!  Here's mine.  wetktm_zps893a6686.jpg

My brothers old drz and the ktm. ktmdrz_zpsfaa51944.jpg And his new '13 WR450F we are working on converting to sumo status. IMG_20131221_195954_781_zps92e13c36.jpg

• Like 1

My wheels are warp9's with a 4.25 rear and a 150/60 Bridgestone tire.  Front tire size is 120/70 if i remember right.  Trim the front fork guards, recalibrate your speedo, and rip up the twisties!

• Like 1

I'm running warp 9`s also with 4.25 in the rear,  7nsumo what tail tidy kit are you using?

• Like 1

I'm running the sicass racing under fender kit with their flush mount signals.  Bolts right up and fits nice.  I did have to cut and splice the old brake light harness because they changed the '14 connectors but it wasn't a big deal.

My wheels are warp9's with a 4.25 rear and a 150/60 Bridgestone tire.  Front tire size is 120/70 if i remember right.  Trim the front fork guards, recalibrate your speedo, and rip up the twisties!

Bike looks great.  I'm waiting for my Warp 9s to arrive any day now for my '14 500.  How much trimming was needed for the fork guards?  What number did you recalibrate to, 1882 or thereabouts?

Bike looks great.  I'm waiting for my Warp 9s to arrive any day now for my '14 500.  How much trimming was needed for the fork guards?  What number did you recalibrate to, 1882 or thereabouts?

Thanks Mango, the fork guards didn't require alot of trimming.  Just take your time when doing it and go alittle at a time.  I used a dremel with a sanding wheel on it and had pretty good luck with it.  I think my number was 1892.  Just measure the diameter of the front tire in mm's, pop of the headlight and unplug the jack that has the brown wire (i think), and then go into your settings on the speedo and you should be able to change wheel size number.  I'll try and get a pic of my fork guards for ya.

i have picked up the new exc 500 due to the fact i was not to fond of my 07 ktm super duke 990 any more. i can say that this is the best bike that i have ever ridden on the street; theres nothing like riding a light nimble dirt bike in tight back roads. I'm still in the process of building this bike the way i want it, but i wanted to put up what i have so far.

A picture of the super duke

23tf2ns.jpg

First ride on the 500

210k7kh.jpg

Put on the supermoto rims and tires, smr front fender , ktm parts bark busters

wja135.jpg

fl9ax1.jpg

Riding threw some trails with my buddy and his 2014 350 exc-f

2gtrsyh.jpg

Christmas present to myself fmf 4.1 silencer

2mfbwjt.jpg

Sweet setup! I know this a old post but where did you get your exhaust from. Did it come with the turndown tip on it? Thanks

Edited by OrangeKoolaid

Heres my 2013 500 EXC, desmogged, Euro open map, rekluse exp 3.0, this bike is a blast on road and off road!!!!

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0629.JPG

Edited by beachbrada
  • Like 1

I have to ask: how do those tires run on the dirt? If my stock tires are starting to slip after 400 miles and they still have nobs I can't imagine how little grip your super motos get.

image.jpeg

I have a 2014 excf. I went through the local moto shop (the only moto shop on island) and they put on some 17" warp 9 supermoto wheels. its super awesome but now my speedometer is at 0 stays at 0. any help? i have a feeling this might be the first time they've done a anything like this, to a brand new ktm. help me! pleasefile:///Users/CliffordGraham/Desktop/image.jpeg
Edited by cliffgraham

Sounds like they didn't install the magnet on the brake rotor that needs to be aligned with the speedometer sensor next to the front brake caliper. Look by your brake caliper you should see a black wire going to a sensor, a small low profile magnet like rare earth magnets needs to be placed on the brake rotor perfectly so it passes under the sensor and this sends the signal to the display. But if they didn't do this that's only your small problem, you also need to recalibrate your display to the next tire size. Without doing this your speeds will be a lot higher than what you actually going. I found another forum somewhere how to do this. The easiest way to determine the size is by making a small dot with nail polish on the front tire dead center. roll the bike in a straight line until you end up with two dots on the ground. Then measure this distance from dot to dot in millimeters. This measurement is what you will change the size to in the display unit. But there is a special way to get into the function screen and I remember it requires disconnecting certain plugs on the back side, if you search the web u should be able to find it. Or you could just tell the shop do all this for u.....