Anyone sick of their chain hitting the frame?

Man I am tired of the chain woes I am having with this bike. The funny thing is that at the supercross over the weekend I could hear the chains hitting the frame on a bunch of the guys on the track. Same thing riding at Elsinore on Friday. Each 450 that went by you could here the rattle.

I know people are going to say this and that about "what chain", "proper adjustment" etc. but this is a known problem with these bikes. I need to make something to end my madness.

I know people are going to say this and that about "what chain", "proper adjustment" etc. but this is a known problem with these bikes.

Of course it's a problem......

w/o an o-ring chain and proper adjustment anyway.

Thanks for the tip.

I set my chain slack at 3/4" at it's tightest point and my chain doesn't hit the frame. I also run a DID X-ring chain.

If it bothers you that much take the swingarm off and tap a hole in the frame and bolt a piece of teflon or nylon to the frame.

Thanks. I was thinking about doing something like that. I was hoping someone had already made something. I just don't get how Honda let a problem like this go out the door.

I'm glad someone posted this. I thought it was just me. I put on an Oring chain and then the chain groved it's position into the chain guide and was clackiticlack again. I adjusted it again and no more noise.

It is annoying if it's out of adjustment.

here are the pics again , still works great :)

dsc01908_copy3.jpg

dsc01909.jpg

dsc01912.jpg

I can see your frame is still getting chewed. I like the looks of your guard for the mud flap side.

I've gone with an O-ring chain too on my 02' and now my 03' and no more problems.

I used to have the same problem, on the 450 you have to run the chain tighter then other bikes. I cannot remember, but I read it somewhere on the internet. The rear suspension is the opposite of other bikes, the chain actually loosens when the suspension is compressed. If you keep your chain adjusted properly, you will not have any problems. :)