Handlebars, what should i buy?

I know [@#$%&!] about the topic!

What to buy and why?

I have a 2001 YZ426, my first. I´m 185cm high.

I use the bike for stunting practice and for fun at the farm.

I have bend 2 within a month now and bought some used from a friend.

Is it worth the money for me to buy renthal for instance?

What is the difference between them, cuz there sure is some money to save.. :)

Tell me you havent been replaing stock bars with stock bars :)

IF your going to keep the stock clamps, get some renthals or tags, they will take a good amount of beaten before they bend, then if you start bending those, get some new clamps and get so me pro tapers, thats were the bending stops :D

Ok.

But won´t i bend something else then if not the handlebar?

What´s the difference? Is it only the weight?

Stupid question maybe, but this is my first dirtbike. Had not even been on one before buying this one but i´m hooked to it!

get a bigger bar. there are some TAG MATRIX CLAMPS & T2 BARS for sale in the classified adds. he only wants $250.00 pluse shipping. I want the Matrix clamps but dont have the money right now.

If I was you go with either Tag bars, or Renthal Twin wall, or Renthal fatbar. I use the Renthal Twin wall. They run about $130.00.

RG3 clamps and Azonic bars. Can't be beat. :)

some kind of universal adapters and Pro Tapers. I had Renthals and they were junk, and I also had a pair of TAG's that the crossbar came loose on. Pro Tapers with adapters will run about $110 US. I've got an extra fat bar pad laying around somewhere to I'd be willing to sell you :) 185cm is about 6 feet, right? I'm 6'2" and have the Henry bend Pro Tapers with universal adapters and I really like the setup- a lot taller and more comfortable than stock.

Ok.

But won´t i bend something else then if not the handlebar?

What´s the difference? Is it only the weight?

Stupid question maybe, but this is my first dirtbike. Had not even been on one before buying this one but i´m hooked to it!

The stock bars are made from crappy mild steel. They bend if you sneeze on them wrong. The Renthals or Tags or just about any other quality aftermarket bar will last much longer. The aftermarket bars are aluminum and will flex to absorb the shock instead of permentantly beanding or breaking like the stockers do. If you install aftermarket bars the only thing different will be that you hardly ever break bars.

7/8 bars like Renthals or Tags will fit on your stock triple clamp and be significanlty better then stockers. Oversize bars like Pro Tapers, or Renthal Fat bars will be even stronger, but will be more expensive and require you to replace the stock top triple clamp.

Oversize bars like Pro Tapers, or Renthal Fat bars will be even stronger, but will be more expensive and require you to replace the stock top triple clamp.

Nah, you can buy adapters for fat bars. The nice thing about the adapters (if you're tall like me) is that they raise the bars, plus they're way cheaper and easier to install than a new triple clamp.

I run Tag T2 Oversized bars on my 426...while they have been really great bars, i notice no difference between the oversized and 7/8. I do however notice a difference in the triple clamp...i got the pro taper adjustable one and it lets you move the bars forward or back to your liking and riding style. If you dont want to spend 200 bucks for bars and a triple clamp, just get a pair of renthals or tags 7/8 bars and im sure youll be happy!

Thanks a lot guys :)

I will go and have a look on it this weekend.

Check out the TAG T2 Privateer kit:

Link to TAG T2 Privateer kit, scroll down slightly

This includes the oversized bar, the top triple clamp which offers multiple bar positions, the bar mounts, the bar pad and grips.

Any of the oversized bars should hold up better than the standard 7/8" bars, this kit just includes everything that you need in one box.

For casual and/or freestyle use, endurance and arm pump is probably not an issue, but the Fasstco Flexx bar system is incredible...I won't have a bike without them.

This past weekend, I had them adjusted too tight/stiff on the elastomers, and I suffered more arm pump than I have in 2 months...they make that much difference. They can make or break me at the end of a rough moto.

For casual and/or freestyle use, endurance and arm pump is probably not an issue, but theis incredible...I won't have a bike without theasstcom.

This past weekend, I had them adjusted too tight/stiff on the elastomers, and I suffered more arm pump than I have in 2 months...they make that much difference. They can make or break me at the end of a rough moto.

You forgot to tell them about the low low price!I don't

understand why eveybodys no running the Flexx bar system

:):D