I don't want to screw the thing up!(jetting)

Okay, I'm thinking of pulling backfire screen and doing the airbox mod. The thing I'm afraid of is screwing the jetting up and having PIA problem with a bike that runs great.

Will these mods effect jetting?

The Airbox mod MAY require a larger main jet. I run a 178 here in the Cali high desert. Stock is a 170. 2000-4000' at about 45-65 degrees temp. I highly recommend this mod!!!!!

We are at 5280' as you might know and I'll take the bike to 8000' regularly.

When i pulled the filter screen out of my '04 here in Denver I had to go up on the main jet 1 size from where most people here in Denver run them. So stock is 165. I run a 162 w/ the screen pulled out. The stock bikes in this altitude generally need a 160 to run correctly and most dealerships will install a 158 or even a a 155 which is too lean.

Does that help?

Where do you ride usually?

Watkins until Rampart opens back up.

I told you to bring that thing over here and we'll get everything jetted, adjusted, and set up for you!

I ran a 160 main even with the screen out, and it seemed to run fine, especially at Rampart.

I told you to bring that thing over here and we'll get everything jetted, adjusted, and set up for you!

I know, I was gonna bring it over and you were going out of town. When will it work for you. It should be warming up later this week.

Any day when it warms up. My nards are shriveled up like raisins from the cold!

IM me your phone number again

Any day when it warms up. My nards are shriveled up like raisins from the cold!

T M I

:)

:D