Sherco Enduro 4.5i

http://www.rypusa.com/sherco/450/sherco450.htm Sherco Enduro 4.5i fuel injected 4stk 450cc dirt weapon.

While reading up on the interesting injected GasGas EC450fse, I found this link posted at the SmackoverMotorsports.com BBS for a new bike to come out of Spain and apparetly heading for market. Sherco is known for trials bikes and is moving into a new field here. The bikes will be available through Sherco trials dealers in any event, as my local Sherco trials dealership has concurred. But no pricing info as of yet. I'll be looking forward to any more info than what the manufacturer is telling us in the web page. Somehow I doubt Dirt Rider etc will be running out to get one of these to test... Great to see some more players in the market anyhow. Will give me real reason to stop and consider whether an FSE is the way to go when going for a semi-exotic.

I sort of beat you to it, but I s'pose I shouldn't have gotten cute with the post title...

New Bultaco Thumper

I was just reading the link again, &%$#@! is a "Paioli-Kayaba." Did one company buy the other??

With a dry weight of 109 Kg ('bout 240 lbs) it will be a lot heavier than the carbureted/kick-start competition, although I don't think the link says if the bike is e-start or not. I don't see a starter motor anywhere...

I don't know Hick, 240 sounds pretty sweet for an enduro bike. I figure that puts it at about ...

40 lbs. lighter than drz and GG450

30 lbs. lighter than Vor or XR4

15 to 25 lbs. lighter than the KTM(EXC), BERG(FE), or Husky(TE)

But of course those figures are probably b.s.

They would probably doing great to get a f.i. bike close to the huskyktmberg weight

They would probably doing great to get a f.i. bike close to the huskyktmberg weight

Some day they will, I imagine weight savings (and placement) is a big deal for trials bikes.

BTW, as I recall, my buddies '02 520 EXC weighed about 258 on a good scale w/ everything but gas, claimed weight is/was about 250, but the Sherco 240 is a "dry" weight.

I think we all realize predicting actual heft based on claimed dry weight is sketchy at best... ?

• 2 years later...

We need to hear from owners of these bikes. I think it's a big plus that you both sell and ride this bike. Keep the information about them coming. I hope you will be able to be objective in your evaluations after you have ridden the bike for a year or so. I for one want to hear what you or any other owner has to say about these bikes.

The only fault I can find with the Sherco are the forks, dont get me wrong they work really well and have a great action but they have to be one of the worst forks for doing seals, I had a set on my Vor, I just hope they have improved them for Sherco

INFO: Sherco have a Paioli / Kayaba ( Joint venture) 46 mm fork that is very similar to Kayaba 46 . Conventional USD fork. = No problem changing seals.

I had 50 hours on one of my demo bikes before it needed new forkseals.

Paioli 46 mm works rely vell. One of the best forks i have tested.

VOR MX bikes have a 48 mm fork with some sealproblem. A little big play in the bushings, can be solved.

// Klas

INFO: Sherco have a Paioli / Kayaba ( Joint venture) 46 mm fork that is very similar to Kayaba 46 . Conventional USD fork. = No problem changing seals.

I had 50 hours on one of my demo bikes before it needed new forkseals.

I dont think 50 hours is something to rave home about, thats only five riding days for me, I have changed the Gasser seals twice since December 03

I dont think 50 hours is something to rave home about, thats only five riding days for me, I have changed the Gasser seals twice since December 03

:bonk: Good for you

There isn´t anyone raving about that. ? offcourse i should talked about different tracks, ridingstyle etc etc etc. The point was, if you understand me better now , it is normal working fork.

One of my customer borrowed my demobike, TE250 -06 for our biggest hare scrambel and it was extreme messy wethercond. Seal was broken after 8 hour on a almost new bike. No big deal about that.

And it is no secret that seals starting bleeding if you DON`T use a bike. Standing in a garage = 0 hours of riding

Best regards Klas

Of course Sweden has vastly different weather patterns to that of Southern Australia and 50hours maybe the norm for fork-seal over there. I was merely making a comparison between the two bikes that I own and ride in the same sort of conditions as it seemed that I was changing the VOR fork-seals every fifty hours, and when this query was put to the dealer I was told that it was due to 'tolorences'

Cheers.