Sign in to follow this  

Sat 1/17 ride

Anyone up for a ride close to the LA area saturday 1/17? Stoddard, Gorman, El Mirage, Rowher Flats?

Sunday is tough for me. Gotta go and repent :). Saturday doesn't work for you?

Hey Some buddies are going to be out at Jawbone Canyon that weekend. I might be going aswell.

Ever ride there???

:)

I've never been to Jawbone but I hear there is some great stuff out there. Always wanted to try it but never got a chance. Maybe next time.

I guess we're going to Gorman. Any campground you guys prefer to stage at? I personally like Smith Forks or the first one on the left side when coming in off the Gorman exit. Both have ramps to load/unload bikes if needed.

I like the first campground on the left. So it's still scheduled for Sat.and not Sun. right?

The first campground is fine. How about 8:00 am on Saturday. I'll be in a full size white chevy van with a XR400 with 39 on the number plate.

Dove Springs, we ride there from Jawbone Cnyn. Its got some long trails, and biggggg hill climbs...

Jawbone has some gnarly hillclimbs and a lot of advanced trails if you know where to find them. Or you can cruise around all day on fireroads and two-track. Dove Springs seemed to have more sandy hills and A LOT of whoops.

Are you looking for or looking to avoid hard trails/hillclimbs?

Jawbone has some gnarly hillclimbs and a lot of advanced trails if you know where to find them.

Are you looking for or looking to avoid

hard trails/hillclimbs?

Did someone say advanced trails? :D :D :)

Can you point me in the right direction?

That 5-17 is a good loop. But the Upper trails are closed last I checked. Might be a while before we can get back up there. It's Dez season now!

My favorite camps at Gorman are Sterling or Circle camp.