TTR 125 jetting for SoCal

Hello All,

I am a newbie to the jetting world, I am currently looking at rejetting my son's 2001 TTR 125, right now it is stock across the board. I am going to do the airbox mod and plan on doing a nice pipe within the next few weeks,

we live in Oceanside Ca, (wavetop for altitude) and usually ride at either Lake Elsinore (roughly 1500 ft.) or 29 Palms, The elevation at 29 Palms is 3,000 to 3,200 feet. any info or advice on this mod would be greatly appreciated,

I know the altitudes jump quite a bit, I am trying to find a happy medium for increased performance across the board...

Thank you in advance,

Rob

17.5 pilot, 110 main, stock needle/clip.

Thanks for the info, i will give it a try and let you know the outcome,

Chem

After some messing around, that's what I ended up with...although I'm running a Yoshimura pipe. Runs great. We ride at roughly the same altitude range as you.

Best $$ you can possibly spend on the thing is the 17.5 pilot... It warms up 5 times quicker and most of the cold-bloodedness is gone.

Good luck.

Thanks for the input, i put the jets on order this morning from MotoPro in Oceanside, hopefully they will have them in by tomorrow,

I will let you know the results, My son and I are looking forward to the improvements,

Chem

No problem. With the airbox mod, exhaust and jetting, you will notice a nice bump in power. :)

No problem. With the airbox mod, exhaust and jetting, you will notice a nice bump in power. :applause:

So would you also suggest the same jetting if the bike is left otherwise stock for now?

Besides just picking up the new bike, I have put on new Cycra handguards and a new BBR skid plate. I plan on waiting on the "performance" mods until after the 1st 10 hour service.

what jetting would yall recommend for say.. 500 or less alt? (airbox mod,bbr filter, exhaust mod)

So would you also suggest the same jetting if the bike is left otherwise stock for now?

Besides just picking up the new bike, I have put on new Cycra handguards and a new BBR skid plate. I plan on waiting on the "performance" mods until after the 1st 10 hour service.

You will still want to install a larger pilot jet even if the bike is bone stock. Yamaha jets their bikes VERY lean from the factory.

Baseline is 17.5 pilot and 110-112.5 main. You stick that in and go from there. There's no such thing as a happy medium. It just runs less crappy. It takes 5 minutes to change jets, so buy a about 4-5 different mains and 2 or 3 pilots and jet to the place you're going to ride. I've ridden place that are the same height, but the humidity was different and the jetting would be way off from one place to another. Also it would be perfect at my house, then I'd climb the little mountain behind my house (1000') and it would run crappy up there. Just start at the baseline and see how it runs. :lol: