Will 1981 KX 80 forks work on a TT-r 125?

Will they bolt on? They look fine for the TT-r, but might not work. Thats why I am asking you fine experts out there if they will work. :)

They're junk.

What about a 95 Kx80. I know that they are not inverted but wont they be better then the stock forks? An if not what year model Kx80 should I look for?

You see, the idea here is to increase ridgidity and adjustability.

The earlier conventional forks may be a slight improvement over the TTR's stockers because of some adjustability, but for the time, effort, and cost it would likely not be worth it. Remember, you'd have to change the springs and valving to suit the heavier TTR. If you take your stock forks to somebody that knows what they're doing they can be drastically improved for less than $200, if you're on a budget.

The inverted forks are much more ridgid, and the newer ones have full external adjustability. This is key when you're really going fast. Most of the time the top guys are seperated by 10ths of a second, and being able to dial your bike in better than the next guy can give you the edge. Slappin' some junk on there that's just so-so is usually not a good idea. At least that's the way I see it. :)

You see, the idea here is to increase ridgidity and adjustability.

The earlier conventional forks may be a slight improvement over the TTR's stockers because of some adjustability, but for the time, effort, and cost it would likely not be worth it. Remember, you'd have to change the springs and valving to suit the heavier TTR. If you take your stock forks to somebody that knows what they're doing they can be drastically improved for less than $200, if you're on a budget.

The inverted forks are much more ridgid, and the newer ones have full external adjustability. This is key when you're really going fast. Most of the time the top guys are seperated by 10ths of a second, and being able to dial your bike in better than the next guy can give you the edge. Slappin' some junk on there that's just so-so is usually not a good idea. At least that's the way I see it. :)

Donkey, Slow down here. Inverted forks are not the greatest thing since sliced bread. If I have a preference ( and Bob Hanaha will back me up on this one ), I prefer a standard fork every time over a USD fork . Yes, USD forks are more rigid, that may be great for SX but for Motocross and off road , as good set of standard forks are much better. The respond quicker to bumps, transmit less impact to the rider, are more forgiving ( the ever so slight flex of a good set of standards helps keep the ft. tire planted ). I have the best set of USD ( WP ) forks on my bike that I have ever tried. I have a Fab Tech kit in it. BUT if I had to run stock for stock , I would take a set of 43mm or 45mm standard everytime. I haven't felt fork flex since Husqvarna went to 40mm forks in 1981. I would say a good set of 33 or 35mm would work great on a 172lb. bike. My 1972 Penton had 32mm and they were state of the art forks back then. I think if I had a set of late 80s or early 90s standard 80cc forks or KX100 forks I would go with them . Too rigid a fork will tire the rider too fast. Same with an Aluminum framed bike.

Like Bob Hanaha said " today's riders don't know what a good set of forks feels like. They would never go back to USD if they tried a set of my 1985 factory forks. " The 1987 CR500 Showa forks were the closest thing that we ever had to factory forks on the Hondas. The Honda XR600 used this fork till they quit making them . Super plush and never a flex problem. I don't doubt you think USD forks are the thing to do, but that is because the California Magazine guys told you that was what you wanted. Not because they were better but because they were different. Now you got me looking for a set of 1990 KX100 forks. Damnit !

Cher'o,

Dwight

Dwight, I know you know everything, :D but we're talkin' about TTR forks here. And in comparison to them, inverted YZ forks are the best thing since sliced bread. I would call you stupid for spending a comparable amount of money on a set of conventional forks from an older bike when you could fit up a more modern set of inverteds. And anything I post here is only related to asphalt racing. Nothing else.

As far as some magazine tellin' me what's cool, dude, don't be so arrogant as to think you know anything about me. That's just strait up bein' a dick. :)

'85 facotry forks! :D