Sign in to follow this  

Looking for input on boots

The SIDI boots have unparalleled rear brake feel and protection. 

The Gaerne boots are nice but need to break in and remain somewhat stiff but no doubt will last a lifetime. 

The alpinestar stuff is garbage IMO. 

SIDI boots fit very true to size. I am the same euro size in my SIDI as my Asics cross trainers if that helps. 

yea that helps thanks, hopefully I can get a hold of the guy, $120 for sidi crossfires seems like a good deal, they look like they are in very good shape.

Gaerne sg12s are best boot out there imo. Super comfy, great buckle system, and good souls and protection. Well worth the money for a serious rider

Have tried most of the top dollar boots out there. Sidi SRS run narrow. The TA has a wider footbed.

Gaerne sg12 , nice boot, little heavy, wide foot bed, higher in the tow box than a sidi. Alpinestar tech 10.

good feel, light, easy to wear out the soles. Latches are junk.

not sure about TCX never tried them on. Nor Formas, or Fox instinct.

When it comes to helmets, gloves, boots etc., buy the one that fits you the best.  Have had Alpinestars -they were great     Had Sidi's they were good

Have Gaerne SG-10's now -best boot ever because they fit perfect.

Thats funny, I have been playing phone tag with a guy on craigslist that has a pair of sidi crossfires for $120.  they are a size 10 or 10.5 I think.  I usually wear a 11 shoe.  not sure if Sidi run a bit small or large?

I wear size 11 shoe

Size 12 Sidi

Between the 2013 T7 and Gaerne G-React, I would opt for the Gaerne. And these are opinions. It's kind of like asking a 40 year old who he liked better, Led Zep or The Who....one is not necessarily better than the other, it just appeals the the person more.

• Like 1

The following is my humble opinion/assessment.

All I wear is sidi. For me, they run true to my nike tennis shoe size.

Sidi boots fit and feel good right out of the box. Protection is great.

I ride, on average, 3 times a month year around. I ride desert, rocks, trees, and everything in between. My current sidi's are starting there sixth year, are in excellent working order, and they've never needed repair. They are worth the money: comfort, protection, durability.

fox racing f3 race boots, best boots ive ever owned

I'm on my fourth pair of F3's.  The soles are good for about 8 months of once a week riding.  I kept going back because they everything else is great but this last pair is only six months old and already needs replacing because of the soles.  I'm shopping for something more durable this time.

--KT--

I'm on my fourth pair of F3's.  The soles are good for about 8 months of once a week riding.  I kept going back because they everything else is great but this last pair is only six months old and already needs replacing because of the soles.  I'm shopping for something more durable this time.

--KT--

I take it that soles are not replaceable? I was looking at used pair but if the soles wear out that quick I'll keep on looking

--KT--

The boots are size 9 and my tennis shoes are  91/2 or 10. Do the fox boots run true to shoe size?

Thanks

Fly mavericks!

I just wanted to say something about these boots.  They were good boots and i got adjusted to them well (I hadn't worn boots in years before I put them on),  But on a cold winter day I tried to start my pitbike and it put a hole in the side of my boot.  I have no idea how it happened because there is nothing for the kick starter to catch on to, but it happened.  Maybe because the bike has a 12.5:1 comp. ratio, but it still baffles me.

I take it that soles are not replaceable? I was looking at used pair but if the soles wear out that quick I'll keep on looking

No, the soles are not easily replacable but there is a service out there that does replace them for $100. I have a riding buddy that got his replaced but he doesn't think the replacment lasted even as long as the originals.

Mine all wore through on the left boot where it pivots on the peg to shift. I'm told that if I had better form that I would move my feet around more and they wouldn't wear so fast but since I out run the guys that are making that suggestion I'm not going to give the idea much thought.

--KT--

The boots are size 9 and my tennis shoes are  91/2 or 10. Do the fox boots run true to shoe size?

Thanks

I wear a size 11.5 running shoe (I never could play tennis worth a hoot) the 11 Fox boot was impossibly short and the 12 is just right. There is no way the 9 will be comfortable for you.

• Like 1

I just posted in another topic but ill repeat myself by saying that I checked out the new 2014 tech 7s. Dang they are so nice. Totally different then the old models.. pre broken in, different colors, buckle system is freggin nice. Metal not that plastic sh!+.

I just posted in another topic but ill repeat myself by saying that I checked out the new 2014 tech 7s. Dang they are so nice. Totally different then the old models.. pre broken in, different colors, buckle system is freggin nice. Metal not that plastic sh!+.

The new T7's may be nice, but they'll never ever be a Gaerne or a Sidi. People recommend them over and over again for a reason.