Honda Master Cylinder Mod

Looking to do a master cylinder swap on my 04YZ450f. Im looking to get better feel. To be more detailed I really want my brakes to respond with less of a lever pull than what I currently have.

I just did the Galfer CR routed SS brake line and a over-sized wave rotor with EBC pads. It stops great, but Im looking for better feel.

My bro Garhead has a 04 CRF450 and I love the way his brake begins working after only squeezing it about 1/4 inch or so. My lever and my bro Chaz's lever needs to be squeezed twice that amount for the same effect.

Anyone here runnin the same setup?

Should I get the caliper and the master cylinder or just the master cylinder?

Thanks for your input.

Unless you know for sure that the caliper will retro fit, just get the MC.

Then install, bleed and ride.

Pretty simple.

But rebleed the brakes again to see if that helps.

I'd have to agree with Matt. Rebleed the brakes to see if you get better response and feel.

Having owned a 450f and currently a 250F, I like my setup now over the cr. Why, they aren't so darn touchy. I guess if I rode a red bike, I would get used to it, but I like being able grab my brakes hard and not worry about locking front wheel.

mx813

Mighty Whitey you are doing something wrong.You need to bleed your line again.And also clean your plunger!! :)

Better yet just send your brakes to Dogtown Brakes! I run the Honda master and while it is an improvement why not have a works system for about 125.00since you already have the line.

Better yet just send your brakes to Dogtown Brakes! I run the Honda master and while it is an improvement why not have a works system for about 125.00since you already have the line.

Do you have a web site or any contact information for Dogtown Brakes? :)

You can reach Mr.Maeda (as in Enzo) @ 949-481-1886 (Dogtown Brakes). He will want your master cylinder, caliper and line. It wil come back ready! :)