Flywheel mod.

Well im not going to be getting a new gasket so i will have to use the one that is on there now so i really didnt even have to ask that. I hope someone can answer my first question. The guy that is doing it does not have a scale that will measure ounces or even a scale to measure lbs. I need to know the radius or diameter of a shaved flywheel. :D?:D

When the flywheel is out and in the lathe its very clear where you stop cutting. As to exact weight? Dont worry! :D

I have done mine twice and both times when I went to weigh it on the little kitchen scales I was caught........... Still waiting to get caught with parts in the oven heating them up or bike in lounge hardening paint on a cold day. ?

bbrmotorsports shaves off 16.5. I need to know the measurement so i can mark it on the flywheel and then let my friend shave it until there. He said he will not do it unless he knows where to stop. If anyone knows please reply. :D :D ?

Measure 1/16" out from step on the fly wheel (you will see what I mean when you pull yours). Cut to that line, then face off the balance of that step to the rest of the flywheel. I did two myself and they were a piece of cake. The hardest part is not cutting into the Rotor.

No 16 ozs is not too much and by following these guidelines you get right at or just over 16 ozs.

No, if your careful on removal, you should not have to change the gasket.

No, if you lay the bike over on the right hand side, you will not need to drain the oil. Just put the cover back on while you are having the work done and you can then leave the bike upright.

Remember to clean, torque, & locktite the nut back onto the crank shaft when re-assembling the flywheel/rotor.

?

You could of ordered, paid for and recieved a new $2 gasket from Yamaha of Troy by now. I don't get it. Kids.

Since when is Virginia a town in Chesapeake anyway?

I would have sent you a gasket if you asked. Also, I have a ton because I include a new set for every flywheel I cut for someone. Maybe the Diesel guy can help out with some permatex gorilla snot.

Let me know if I can help after you do it yourself. ?