Rear Spring Rate 5.4 vs 5.2: Much of a difference?

I'm going to a softer rear spring and am wondering if going from a 5.4 to a 5.2 is really much of a jump. I have a 426F with a stock 5.4 in the rear. I weigh 165 without gear. The spring rate calculator I used (MX Tech) said 5.14 for motocross. Any suggestions? Will I feel much with a .2 change? Should I go to 5.0 instead of 5.2? Any help would be appreciated. :)

i could be wrong but i thought the standard spring on the 426 was 5kg

i could be wrong but i thought the standard spring on the 426 was 5kg

I think you might be... MX Tech says 5.5 and Race Tech says 5.4...Thanks anyway.

Stock YZF426 spring rate is 5.4. The new 450 and WRF models, along with the 250's run lighter spring rates. Check the Yamaha online parts catalog under "Rear Suspension" for your year and model. :)

Stock YZF426 spring rate is 5.4. The new 450 and WRF models, along with the 250's run lighter spring rates. Check the Yamaha online parts catalog under "Rear Suspension" for your year and model. :)

Didn't notice where you where from BrianSteele, Euro model Yamaha's have different spring rates than US models. I believe that they are even progressively wound instead of a straight rate. :D

That's true...according to the manual, all the Euro springs are progressive, ft and rear.