skid plate

Just picked up my white bros skid plate :), what a difference compared to the stocker. I will feel much safer now tackling those rocks. I don't understand why suzuki would use plastic guards for the sides, don't they think about stuff like that. I am just glad I didn't hit anything before, but now I don't have to worry and take it easy anymore. :D :D

It's a great plate. How's that 13/49 gearing feel?

Im in the process of drilling holes in my moose skid plate. I found that they act as catch pans for mud. The holes will let the mud drain through. Something to think about :)

13/49 gearing. Man you into rock crawling? Im running 14/49 and fell like it winds out really fast. Ill have to try it out on Sunday :D

Cisco the holes also may let mud IN.

Hey Bill, I thought of that too.

I saw a KTM at the last muddy ride last year and his skidder was fairly empty(had some holes in it), mine was packed with mud. Thats what gave me the idea. Mine is bent and twisted, if it works out for the worse, I needed a new one anyhow :)

Also Cahlifornia mud is nothing like the snot you have back east :D

CRD skid plates come with holes already drilled in strategic places...may save you some work if you have to buy a new one... :thumbsup:Andrew

I am just putting the 13/49 gearing on tonight, will see how it feels on sunday, I figure my front tire wear should be drastically reduced :D. Wish my dynojet kit would get in, its on backorder.

Quick question, do I need to put any loctite on the rear sprocket bolts, my inner voice says it can't hurt, but I figure I would ask, should I use loctite or are the locknuts adequate to hold the rear sprocket on? :)

Quick question, do I need to put any loctite on the rear sprocket bolts,

thumper = loctite

I use enough blue to look into buying by the gallon, j/k about the amount but I tend to use med. (blue) on most fasteners on my thumpers, with the high strenghth (red) reserved for special places.

Quick question, do I need to put any loctite on the rear sprocket bolts, my inner voice says it can't hurt, but I figure I would ask, should I use loctite or are the locknuts adequate to hold the rear sprocket on?

red!hold the allen,tighten the nut.

Thanks burned :D, good thing it was red cause that's all I had in the toolbox, not much more I can do tonight, need to get me a 30mm socket to get the front sprocket off and the goo to install the cfc cover, also more loctite, lots of it. Will make sure I follow the advice of this forum and do the loctite on the spline and the nut. :)

You can put foam between the skid plate and frame to keep out mud.I saw somewhere that sells foam for that purpose.I don't remember where.(sorry :))I think it is called reticulated foam?? Don't laugh!! Only trying to help :D