Which manual is better, Clymer or Haynes?

I need to buy a manual, which publisher do you prefer? I have a Haynes for my corvette and it seems to lack some year specific details. The Clymer manual I found is for 1989-95 80's thru 250's. Does anyone sell model/year specific manuals?

Thanks, Steve.

That's the bad thing about those manuals. I always prefer the factory manual if I can get one. If not, then it's been my experience that Haynes gives a little more info than Clymer and tells you to take it to a qualified Dealer repair station less than Clymer.

IF I WANTED TO TAKE IT TO A FRIGIN DEALER I WOULDN'T HAVE BOUGHT THE STINKIN BOOK TO HELP ME REPAIR THE THING MYSELF IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Rant mode off.

Buy a factory service manual, they are the only ones worth the paper they are printed on. One of those other two has a truck manual with the firing order for a small block chevy incorrect. And the other one isn't any better.

A FSM may have a typo here and there but they usually don't included blatently wrong information.

Stick with the factory manual. It might cost a little more but you'll get more/better info. It's worth it. :)

I've had only had experience with the Clymer manuals. When I had my YZ125 years ago I didn't have a manual so I grabbed the clymer one and it rocked. Huge section on jetting, suspension and general tune up tips etc... The trouble-shooting section also saved my ass heaaps of times. In that case it was well worth it (94-99 YZ125).

However when I got my 400, I ordered the Clymer one also as I was so impressed with the last one and what a dissappiontment that was. All the useful tips are barley covered, the book is about 1/4 as thick as the one for the 125 and some of the torques are incorrect from the ones in the actual yamaha manual.

So I guess with the Clymer ones it all depends on the year, im not sure with the Haynes but these ones can have printing errors. I'd go with the factory shop manual.

Factory manual. You'll never regret it.

Thanks Guys,

I ordered a Clymer manual yesterday. If that one annoys me with it's lack of knowledge, I will definately get a shop manual.

Thanks again, Steve.