Sign in to follow this  

DRZ-250 fork brace

A guy on E-bay sells XR400 fork braces for $75 and he will make one up for me aswell. I think its a bargan concidering the SRC ones are $100 for the DRZ-250. Any one else looking for this?

ron@rswracing.com

his name is Ron. He is waiting to get a DRZ-250 in the shop to make mine, let him know Sergio refered you. I sent him my front tire size to be sure its the same as the demo bike he has access to. :)

I think its a bargan concidering the SRC ones are $100 for the DRZ-250. Any one else looking for this?

SRC ones are $200...

oops

WOW!!! Paid on the 21st and got it less than a week later. Doesnt have the same slots and flash that the SRC one has, but appears to be a sturdy part. Just a note, if you get one, you'll need to get a set of some sort of fork savers, like SRC's Mudskins, to replace the OEM fork boots. This is going on tonight...but i wont be able to report on the difference til the snow and ice melts enough to get it out of the garage ;0)

I just got mine to. looks good. He also makes tripple clamps...

Have you ever added oil to your forks? if so EM me... I cant get the top cap off.

Heh, I didn't even see this thread before I got my RSW brace - I just checked to see if a thread existed already before starting one. I have an RSW brace on my minimoto TTR125, so I emailed RSW to ask if they have a DRZ250 brace.

I installed it over the weekend (it takes less than 5min, including the time to dig the hex keys out of the toolbox). Then I admired it and wished I had a cylinder so that I could test it out.

I'll give impressions once the big-bore clusterfookery is sorted, and I have a running bike again. :worthy:

The cost has gone up a bit since '04, but it's still under $100 shipped.

With trail riding I definitely want a brace to tighten up the steering, but do you really have to remove the OEM fork/dust covers? Can't you just cinch it down over the top of them

I know they look kinda old school and all but they work so much better than my buddy's dirt skins

When I pulled up the fork boots, there was plenty of dirt under them. I hadn't had any dirt get under the Forkskins on my little dirt bike when I switched from dirt to minimoto setup, so I'll just go to Forkskins on the Drizzlet.

Hmm, I think il take your advice Stergal. Just ordered my brace from RSW :thumbsup: and dirtskins only cost 15 from Iron Pony.

But if i pull the fork boots off won't that make them more susceptible to damage from an impact such as hitting a tree trunk/branch? (esp when i wreck lol)

is the fork brace worth the cost?

for the money the brace cost i changed to usd forks on my drz250

ride010.jpg

money well spent

is the fork brace worth the cost?

for the money the brace cost i changed to usd forks on my drz250

ride010.jpg

money well spent