Fork brace for XR400

Some guy sell em on e-bay for $75. sounds like a bargan thought i'de let you all know... I have nop relation just sounds like a good deal, i'm getting one for my DRZ...

I am pretty sure its the same guy I bought from, for my daughter's XR100. For my transaction, he was a first class seller. The product is well made, and I happy with the purchase.

If I didnt already have an SRC fork brace for my 400, I wouldnt hestitate to try it.

Robert :)

Some guy sell em on e-bay for $75. sounds like a bargan thought i'de let you all know... I have nop relation just sounds like a good deal, i'm getting one for my DRZ...

If it clamps on like some I have seen , they can cause seal destortion and leakage. I have never felt that a XR had enough fork flex to worry about. I rode XRs for 16 years.

Cher'o,

Dwight

So Dwight, are you saying that you've never ridden an XR with a fork brace to know the differences between with and without? I have, and the difference is night and day.

i agree, big difference. i put a brace and gold valves front and rear in my 250 and the difference is amazing.

gold valves went in first then i did a couple of rides so i know what the valves did and then what the brace did.

i recomend. i will keep an eye on my seals.

the gold valves had a wonderful effect on the handling of the machine. the brace just enhanced this even more.

dwight, you aren't riding xr's anymore?

whatcha riding?

I have had both 250's and 400's and have ridden/raced with and without a brace. It makes your bike track straight in rocks and ruts and allows you to climb out of a rut if you get your front wheel into one. At speed the forks will flex enough to get you into bad trouble. My opinion is that the forks are the worst link on the XR line. Honda should have put the 43mm forks of the 400 on the 250 and used 45mm or bigger on the 400. The forks are just to small. The motors are adequate but the forks hold you back. The brace helps a lot, but I would be skeptical of any brace other than the src. That brace has many features built into it that the others don't appear to have. The brace cannot be totally rigid or you could actually do lots of damage to your forks. The src brace is actually a little flexible by design.

I don't no how the src brace could hurt the seals?? It comes with new wipers that do not touch the seals and they do a better job of keeping crud out of the seals than the stock boots do.

turbo

Right on guys, For the money I'll try one...

C-ya