WR Maps Only

Yamaha's official maps. ... just wish I had my frickin' scooter to try them on. Grump. Come on Yamaha-NZ. ... R. E. L. E. A. S. E. T. H. E. B. L. O. O. D. Y. B. I. K. E. 

8^)-

IMG_2024.jpg

Did anyone check to see what the baseline map is for the 2016 WR450 Competition Kit ECU?

I got the kit but I won't be able to borrow the programmer for a while and would like to know what to expect with the baseline map.

Did anyone check to see what the baseline map is for the 2016 WR450 Competition Kit ECU?

I got the kit but I won't be able to borrow the programmer for a while and would like to know what to expect with the baseline map.

The GYTR Comp ECU kit has the same mapping as the 2016 YZ450FX and runs very. 

The GYTR Comp ECU kit has the same mapping as the 2016 YZ450FX and runs very. 

Very what? Rich? With what mods?

Very what? Rich? With what mods?

Lol my bad. The bike runs very well. Mine is de-restricted per the ECU instructions and I have a slip-on FMF Q4. Power is really strong and it starts great. 

My compition ECU came from the factory with all 0s programmed into it. The first time I plugged in the programmer it said it was map 9 and that was all 0s. If that's what you were asking. I stepped of a well tuned 09 wr450 onto the 16 wr450 and I can't believe how much more power it has. The throttle response in increadable. I just installed the Gytr exhaust tip and throttle screw. That's more power than I will ever need. Really it was too much power. I had to use a map that wasn't so aggressive.

...I had to use a map that wasn't so aggressive.

Which map did you use? I would like to take some of hit out of the bottom and make the bike a little smoother.

I will take a look when I get home. I know it was mostly -1 and -2 on both.

This is the map I am running right now. I like it as its more forgiving.

-1 -2 -0 -2 -2 -2

-2 -2 -1 -2 -1 -2

-2 -1 -1 -2 -1 -2

Hey guys,

Anyone know of a good map for a 2012 WR450F with a full akrapovic system (header and muffler) with baffle and spark arrestor removed.

The bike runs too lean on stock map with this exhaust so I'm looking for a map which increases fuel while still being pretty smooth power.

Don't want a map that's really aggressive or anything, only want to up the fuel so it's not running so lean with this exhaust not because I need more power.

Thanks,

Nath.

Hey guys,

Anyone know of a good map for a 2012 WR450F with a full akrapovic system (header and muffler) with baffle and spark arrestor removed.

The bike runs too lean on stock map with this exhaust so I'm looking for a map which increases fuel while still being pretty smooth power.

Don't want a map that's really aggressive or anything, only want to up the fuel so it's not running so lean with this exhaust not because I need more power.

Thanks,

Nath.

^^^  Try the Aussie hard pack map. It upp'd my fuel mileage to about 45 mpg and is a mellow trail map.

-4 +4 -4        +2 -5 +2

-4 +4 -4        +2 -5 +2

-4 +4 -4        +2 -5 +2

Has anyone tried to optimize the map for best fuel mileage on the 2016+ WR450f with aftermarket exhaust?   I'm thinking for a situation where you are riding a dirt road or even pavement and are trying to optimize fuel mileage only (say for a long leg of a trip where you are willing to compromise throttle response and ease of riding) to go the farthest with the least amount of gas used?  I'm assuming 5th gear and holding a constant throttle position?  Would using the least amount of gas and perhaps an advanced timing map give the leanest and most powerful (thus economical) situation?  Is it possible to ruin a bike with a very lean setting or could you literally use the widest setup on the map (most negative gas values with farthest timing advance or at least the timing that gives the most efficient combustion at the RPM that you are riding at (say for example 65mph on highway)?

I don't have my bike yet but am starting to contemplate trying to find this particular setting if it exists.

Thank you!

Brandon

Has anyone tried to optimize the map for best fuel mileage on the 2016+ WR450f with aftermarket exhaust?   I'm thinking for a situation where you are riding a dirt road or even pavement and are trying to optimize fuel mileage only (say for a long leg of a trip where you are willing to compromise throttle response and ease of riding) to go the farthest with the least amount of gas used?  I'm assuming 5th gear and holding a constant throttle position?  Would using the least amount of gas and perhaps an advanced timing map give the leanest and most powerful (thus economical) situation?  Is it possible to ruin a bike with a very lean setting or could you literally use the widest setup on the map (most negative gas values with farthest timing advance or at least the timing that gives the most efficient combustion at the RPM that you are riding at (say for example 65mph on highway)?

I don't have my bike yet but am starting to contemplate trying to find this particular setting if it exists.

Thank you!

Brandon

Hey Brandon,

I have a 2012 WR450F with an aftermarket exhaust (full akrapovic system) and I find that the bike runs way too lean unless I run a pretty rich map (like the GYTR FMF Map). 

Even with the standard map (all 0's) the bike pops a lot on deceleration like its starved of fuel, I don't even want to imagine what it's like if I went negative with the fuel.

There's a reason all the recommended maps for aftermarket exhausts up the fuel by quite a few units. Maybe you should consider a bigger fuel tank rather than a very lean map.

Goodluck.

Hey Brandon,

I have a 2012 WR450F with an aftermarket exhaust (full akrapovic system) and I find that the bike runs way too lean unless I run a pretty rich map (like the GYTR FMF Map). 

Even with the standard map (all 0's) the bike pops a lot on deceleration like its starved of fuel, I don't even want to imagine what it's like if I went negative with the fuel.

There's a reason all the recommended maps for aftermarket exhausts up the fuel by quite a few units. Maybe you should consider a bigger fuel tank rather than a very lean map.

Goodluck.

That's good advice!  Thank you! 

Thank you!

Brandon

Hey. 

I'm running the Traction Map (below) and these are my figures from a 160km (100 mile) loop through the local mountains, Grade 3-4 dirt roads and tracks for 100kms (60 miles) and then a 60km (40 mile), 100-120 kmph (60-70mph) run home on sealed public roads. 

FMF 4.1 Ti full system. 47 tooth rear, Twin-Air filter and frame with opened up snorkel intake. TKC80s on the bike then. Now running MotoZ Tractionator Desert H/Ts but no figures from these tires yet. BP Ultimate 98RON fuel. 

160kms Trip (Garmin)

7.35 litres. 

22km/l. 4.5 litres/100km (62mpg). 165km range. 

(Remember that our Gallons are bigger than those in the 'States. Not sure what the conversion is). 

edit: Imp Gallon = 4.54 liters. US Gallon = 3.785 liters. So, Imperial 62mpg = US 51mpg, if my maths is not too rusty. 

Map 3 ~ ‘Traction’

Fuel/Ign

1   5   3       0   -2   2

2   4   2      -1   -2   1

2   2   2      -1   -2   1

~ Richer fuel at lower revs, power comes on less abruptly. 

~ Builds power in a smoother, torquier, more progressive way. 

~ Retarding ignition bottom and mid acts like traction control.

A more powerful map like the competition map leans out the fuel and would probably return better figures, but I find that it's just too nervous in the throttle response for most adventure riding situations. Most likely this riders lack of raw talent than the map's fault! 8^)-

Map 2 ~ ‘Competition Trim’ (YMA Tech Launch)

Fuel/Ign 

0   1   -2       1   2   4

1   2   -2       2   2   2

1   2    0       1   0   1

~ ADR restrictors removed, large outlet in endcap. 

~ More fuel at lower revs for added torque. 

~ Less fuel up top to generate more revs. 

~ Ignition advanced across the board to allow engine to rev.

8^)-

Gazza. 

6.jpg

Edited by Ghazzah

Thank you very much for the figures! I just got my bike and will also post my data once I've done a couple of rides.

I currently have my map at

FI           IG

-1 -1  0      3  4  4

-3 -3 -1      1  2  3

-6 -5 -4     -3 -2 -1

My CO is currently at +5.

Power delivery feels good. This is with the FMF Q4 Hex S/A muffler, and power bomb header. Snorkel removed, competition ECU and throttle stop.

But, I still have an issue with starting. If I press the kill switch for 2 seconds (while moving in gear) before letting the engine die. Or if I crank the motor over for a few seconds with the kill switch pressed. It'll then fire up fine.

I need to get an A/F meter and see what's really going on.

Yamaha's official maps. ... just wish I had my frickin' scooter to try them on. Grump. Come on Yamaha-NZ. ... R. E. L. E. A. S. E. T. H. E. B. L. O. O. D. Y. B. I. K. E. 

8^)-

Has anyone tried this map out yet and how were your results?

Hey, IBK. 

I have used both the 'Hard Hitting / Loamy' and 'Smooth Linear / Slippery' factory maps as detailed above. I use the hard hitting map most of the time. It gives a hell of a kick up top and really launches hard. It does make the throttle very, very twitchy and super sensitive to input, the slightest bump, twist of the wrist just makes the bike leap. It is too much in tight technical sections or if I am picking my way up a river, IMHO. Here I switch to the Smooth / Linear map. It takes the edge off the throttle, making the bike a hell of a lot more manageable, but the trade off is loss of power. Low down torque is still excellent but the top end power is noticeably reduced. You can send a rooster tail of rocks with a flick of the wrist with the Hard map, in virtually any gear, but you have to change down a gear to do the same thing with the Smooth map.

TwinAir PowerFlow Kit, airbox foam removed and additional holes cut into the snorkel, FMF Factory 4.1 (suppressor removed) with MegaBomb header, BP98RON, sea level most of the time.  

Gaz. 

6.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 9.17.14 AM.png

Edited by Ghazzah

definitely surprised how much power the WR puts out after uncorking it, is the 2017 any different then the 16 as far as the different setting go?