Which handgaurds to buy?

Hello fellow thumpers.....My last crash destroyed my cheap roost gaurds (as well as a brocken thumb) and am in the process of purchasing some "bark busters", something a little more substantial. Just wondering if anyone has a favorite for the '03 crf450. I have Pro Tapers bars. Also was wondering if anyone has a pair of the Dirt Tricks units that are showcased in January '04 Dirt Bike mag article. They don;t wrap around but they do seem stronger. Thanks for any replies. Ciao JP :):D:D

I use the Enduro Engineering wrap around guards with deflectors. The Dirt Trick units are good for moto but for blazing between trees I wouldn't recommend them. Wrap around guards help you bounce off trees where the open end will grab the end of your bar.

Then........ :)

Those things are deflectors not handguards.

I have been using the Moose "bark busters" for a couple of years. They are very solid and when you install the plastic guards onto the metal bark busters, very little hits your hands at all. I used to run the acerbis with the metal frame. Too narrow of a profile for me.

my $.02

They are hand guards.you should see the bracket it comes with.There is a metal bar behing deflector also they are making an add on to make them full fledged bark busters.I bought 2 pair one for each bike.

I saw those at my local shop but I didn't know they were making the add on piece.

Enduro eng. the right choice, been running them for years. They also have the mounts for oversized bars which is what I run.

Look at Tusk at Rocky Mountain.

I have the pro rally 2 by acerbis. They have taken some good hits and are still looking good. :)

Summers Racing Components - cost about $90.00. Light weight but very strong. They also mount to the forks instead on the bars, which still allows the Alm. bars to flex as they should

My honda dealer said they were and soon.When it comes out i will get it because i plan on doing some HS.

Hello fellow thumpers.....My last crash destroyed my cheap roost gaurds (as well as a brocken thumb) and am in the process of purchasing some "bark busters", something a little more substantial. Just wondering if anyone has a favorite for the '03 crf450. I have Pro Tapers bars. Also was wondering if anyone has a pair of the Dirt Tricks units that are showcased in January '04 Dirt Bike mag article. They don;t wrap around but they do seem stronger. Thanks for any replies. Ciao JP :):D:D

Handguards in the TT store...

Enduro Engineering with plastic shields gets my vote. They make excellent mounts for over sized bars like Pro-Taper.

Thanks all for the replies, I'm edging between the Enduro Engineering and Cycra Pro bends. I guess the one thats a better deal will probably sway me. Thanks again, Ciao JP :):D :D May my thumb heal in ultimate protection!!

Are those UFO Sweeps the old Acerbis ones? I saw the pic in the TT store catalog.

I have the acerbis rally 2's and they S :) ck avoid at all costs!

I have the acerbis rally 2's and they S :) ck avoid at all costs!

I must disagree with you. I have the rally 2's and love them. To each his own