Need valve adjust steps from service manual HELP

Does anyone have the service manual for an 03 450 that they can post the part for valve adjustments for me please!!!! I just had it out with my dealer.I ordered the service manual 7 weeks ago from him,and he keeps giving me a bunch of shiz about where it is.I want to ride this weekend!!! Some please help me!! Also,what is everyone doing about the valve cover bolts snapping off that I have read about on here? Any help would be great! Thanks Guys!

Valve adjustments are covered in the Owners Manual aswell. Do you not have that?

I've never broken off the cover bolts but I torque them so I avoid Murphy's Law (all bolts will snap off approximately 1/2 turn before you think they are tight :)).

I have that,but I guess I figured just like everything else there would be something important in the service manual that they don't tell you in the O.M. Is the O.M. pretty dependable?

The valve cover have a definite stopping point...use a 1/4 inch drive and grab it by the head...you can feel when it wants to stop.....so stop. Or use a torque wrench, but I prefer my wrist click on certain things!

Thanks Guys!! Anyone else with something to add? I'll take all the good advice I can get!!!! Unless it is from the parents. :D :D :)

I have that,but I guess I figured just like everything else there would be something important in the service manual that they don't tell you in the O.M. Is the O.M. pretty dependable?

I liked my Yamaha OM better, but the CRF manual is good enough I suppose. I also have the CRF service manual, IMO is more of a disassembly/assembly guide.

For your purposes I would think the OM is fine and the Shop Manual not really necessary.

Hope this helps.

I ordered the service manual 7 weeks ago from him,and he keeps giving me a bunch of shiz about where it is.

You can tell your dealer to stick it and get the SM direct from the publisher, Helm.

Helm Inc.

Hick- I told him more than that and what to put there,right next to his head! I tried to sell him a tractor to pull his head out,but he wasn't buying! Thanks for the info,I'll order today!!!! :)

I've checked/adjusted the valves on my '02 and now my '03 CRF with just the Owners Manual and the instructions are complete. You should have no problem relying on just the Owners Manual for this.

It even goes over top-end replacement, fork oil, etc. About the only thing you would need the Service Manual for would be working inside the cases the shock, etc. Since most riders don't do that type of work themselves, most probably don't need the Service Manual IMO.