IRC oversize brake rotor kit issues.....

i saw a post where someone on here had these. i bought a set and just installed them on my 04. the front rotor has a few spots where it rubs the blue spacer inside the rotor groove. anybody elses have this problem? i am thinking that after a couple of rides it will wear away and stop doing this but for what i paid i should not have this issue!

david

What are you building a show bike? :)

That thing must be $10,000 bike now. :D Are you even going to ride it? :D

How much did it run you? I am thinking of getting one. I wouldnt worry if the parts are just kissing, if they are forcefully touching I would send it back.

Ed

just kissing...i am sure it will stop once i ride it.

throttlejerky...i cant ride just yet. the collar bone isnt fused. will ride the first week of march. until then i am going to get all the goodies for this bike! just put on the wave rotors (front/rear) and it looks good. just cant reuse the stock brake guard anymore. the ironman sprocket looks good paired with the rear wave rotor. next up is some black excel wheels. will just have them swap them for the stockers using the stock spokes and hubs for now.

i got the rotors off ebay. $125 for the front and $65 for the rear.

throttlejerky...i cant ride just yet. the collar bone isnt fused. will ride the first week of march.

Let's not start name-calling davebuttkiss. I put a smiley.

sorry....smiley was supposed to be after that! :) davbuttkiss is a good one!

:). Hope you heal up quick dude, I didn't realize you were hurt. It'd be killing me if I couldn't ride a brand new bike.

Hey Davebuttkiss, forget about Fred "my garage is bettter than your house" throttlejerkey and concentrate on outfitting that 04 with all the goodies. Just pulling you guys legs, so don't start flaming me. My username is too easy a target.

I've got the oversize wave IRC on front - have had it for a few months now and I like it. Mine doesn't rub at all and works fantastic. My only complaint is when I switched to EBC pads, now it squeals like a stuck pig when I get on the binders. Still works great, just makes racket.

If it's just a slight touch, I wouldn't worry about it. It will go away after a couple minutes of ride time. On my 02, my EBC oversize rotor had a slight rub that I didn't even notice till I went to clean the bike after the first ride. That's when I saw the skuff. No biggie.

Here's a couple of recommendations for your 04 if you haven't gotten them already. A powernow, ZipTy Racing replacement fuel screw, and the JD jet kit. Puppy will fire up so easy you'll think you've got the button. :)

Hey Davebuttkiss, forget about Fred "my garage is bettter than your house" throttlejerkey and concentrate on outfitting that 04 with all the goodies. Just pulling you guys legs, so don't start flaming me. My username is too easy a target.

C'mon badgaytogo &%$#@! all I have is a shed. :)

have the JD jet kit. where can i get the fuel screw? will wait on the power now.

C'mon badgaytogo &%$#@! all I have is a shed. :)

A shed... yeah right. And a Lamborghini is just a car.

Hey Dave - Fuel screw can be purchased from MXbike.com - $21.95, makes adjusting that thing SOOOOO much easier.

http://www.mxbike.com/catalog/index.php?manufacturers_id=34

Good luck with the collar bone!

thanks...

Isn't it "IRP" ???

IRC makes tires and tubes, no?

I was thinking of picking up a set for my 02 450 as well...

Isn't it "IRP" ???

IRC makes tires and tubes, no?

I was thinking of picking up a set for my 02 450 as well...

yes...i guess it is IRP.