if I set my rear sag...

how will it affect on road riding? Right now its at the factory settings.

Having the sag set correctly makes the bike handle better. Too much sag makes the bike more stable at speed but hard to turn. Too little makes it skittish at speed.

Whats the factory Sag for a DRZ400s.

Im unable to find this in the Manual or online.

Whats the factory Sag for a DRZ400s.

Im unable to find this in the Manual or online.

sorry, what I was trying to say is that my suspension has been untouched, it's at factory settings.

It was more of a question for the Group. Mine is stock also. :)

In my experience,when they come from the factory,they are nowhere near what they should be.

I found the folowing on www.racespec.co.uk

Setting Shock Spring Sag

Hopefully you have the correct spring for your weight. To determine this factor we must set the sag on the shock. To have the sag set correctly is as important as having the correct spring. So please take time to carry out this operation correctly.

(A)initial measurement

sag1.GIF

Put your bike on a stand with the back wheel off the ground and measure from a point close to the rear wheel axle to a point on the rear fender slightly forward of the vertical.

Measurement A ... (e.g.) 610mm

(:) Race Sag

sag3.GIF

Take the bike off the stand and put on level ground. Sit on the bike in a central position with all your kit on with one foot on a footrest and the other on the floor just for balance not weight bearing. You will need someone to take the measurement from the same two points.

Measurement B ... (e.g.) 510mm

610 - 510 = 100, (Race Sag : 100mm)

© Static Sag

sag2.GIF

The static sag is measured when the rider is off the bike and it is standing on its own free weight. You measure the same two points again, and then subtract C from A this will give you the static sag.

Measurement C ... (e.g.) 585mm

610 - 585 = 25, (Static Sag : 25mm)

Static Sag

Static sag should be set between . Midway between these measurements is a good starting point

125 - 500cc 15 - 30mm

60 - 100cc 15-25mm

Race Sag

Race sag should be set at between 25 - 30% of the bikes' full suspension travel.

125 - 500cc 90 - 100mm

80 - 100cc 80 - 90mm

60cc 50 - 60mm

yeahh.... My Static Sag is off. Ill have to measure it when I get home. Im 165#.

All the factory suspension settings were out of wack when I got the bike. Would doubt is one more is.

Sag is not something that can be set by the factory. It is dependent on the weight of the rider. Spec calls for somewhere between 3.5 and 3.75 inches. Many have up to 4 inches. The factory setup wil probably be way off. This one simple adjustment made my bike handle a lot better. I was amazed at the difference it made in my bike. :)