Sign in to follow this  

2014 350 EXC-F 14-50 gearing

Anyone out there know if going from stock 14-45 gearing on my 2014 350 EXC-F to a 14-50 set up will work with the stock chain length?  I plan on turning the axel blocks around.  I'd like to not have to add links to the chain if not necessary.  I'd like to try this gearing before trying 13-50.

Most likely not, I'm running 13/48 with the axel blocks turned around and my tire is real close to the swing arm. If I go any bigger I will need to get a new chain.

Most likely not, I'm running 13/48 with the axel blocks turned around and my tire is real close to the swing arm. If I go any bigger I will need to get a new chain.

Thanks for the info.  How do you like the 13-48 compared to stock.  Also what was stock on your bike.

My '13 500 came stock with 15/45, same as yours. The 13/48 works great for me. Some say the 13 wears the chain too much but if you take care of your chain it will last a very long time. The 13/48 is close to the 14/50 but you can use the stock chain on the 13/48. It's still low enough for tight singles and good for 85+.

My '13 500 came stock with 15/45, same as yours. The 13/48 works great for me. Some say the 13 wears the chain too much but if you take care of your chain it will last a very long time. The 13/48 is close to the 14/50 but you can use the stock chain on the 13/48. It's still low enough for tight singles and good for 85+.

Thanks for the reply KTMPete.  But I want to be clear here.  My 14 350 EXC-F came with 14-45 gearing.  My concerne here is that the 500 has to start with a longer chain being it's running a 15/45 stock vs the 14/45 that is stock on my 350.  Or at least I'd think it would. What do you think?

Sounds like if your 15/45 stock is close with the 13/48 a 14/50 is probably out of the question with the stock chain on the 350.  Thanks man.  Guess I'll try the 13/50 combo.

Sounds like if your 15/45 stock is close with the 13/48 a 14/50 is probably out of the question with the stock chain on the 350. Thanks man. Guess I'll try the 13/50 combo.

Anytime Man. I'm guessing you'll need a new chain with the 13/50 combo. You can probably use the stock chain with the 13/48. That's similar gearing to 14/50. Good luck.

Going to give the 13/49 a try.  Totally forgot I even had a 49 new in the package.  I'll see how it works.  Thanks again.

I have a 13 50 combo I just installed. I started with a 118 link chain and I had to cut out one link to make it work. I may take out another link but I sure hope not. Right now it is a hair loose and I have some space to keep adjusting. Just cruising along on city streets I love it. I'm going for an early morning ride on Sunday before the games. I will get back on how it feels on the trails. And my bike is a 2014 exc350

I have a 13 50 combo I just installed. I started with a 118 link chain and I had to cut out one link to make it work. I may take out another link but I sure hope not. Right now it is a hair loose and I have some space to keep adjusting. Just cruising along on city streets I love it. I'm going for an early morning ride on Sunday before the games. I will get back on how it feels on the trails. And my bike is a 2014 exc350

So how did you like the gearing?

I'm sorry I didn't end up going.

When you do post.  I just got a 116 link chain and want to go 13-50 but I am probably gonna try the 14-50 to see how that is. 

So I just took my first ride on 13/50 sprockets. I'm happy with it, although I wish I could have done 13/51 or 52. 13/50 gets the job done but having just a hair more power at low speeds going up something steep would have been nice. I would advise not going any taller on gears for off road, but that's just my opinion.

It will run 14/50 fine, that is what I typically run. Just flip the axle blocks.

It will run 14/50 fine, that is what I typically run. Just flip the axle blocks.

That's with the stock chain?

Not with the stock chain. My 2013 needed a new chain when I went 14/50.

Ended up going 13/50 as the 14T was still to tall. Much better bike with 13/50 just not going to be going any faster then 50mph on road without feeling like the motor is gonna fall out the bottom.