Best Sprockets?

Okay I got the low down on the chain for my 426. I am going to go with a DID 520VM for about $90 and a master link for $6.00. I am going to go with steel ones because they last so long. Ironman ones are sweet but I don't feel like dropping $75 bucks on them.

What would you guys say go with the tried and true SunStar?

1) The VM series chain will come with a clip type master link, no need to buy one unless you want a spare.

2) Steel sprockets will last a long time, the inexpensive ones will weigh more than the high tech ones. A good quality but inexpensive sprocket is a JT Sprockets brand sprocket. There are also other inexpensive quality sprockets out there. A 49T JT is $28.95 and you can order here:

Link to JT Sprockets order page

Just click on the part number JTR2452-xx where "xx" is the number of teeth that you want.

I like the Titax Stainless rear sprocket. I have gotten great wear out of it. You are right on the money with your chain choice.

www.rockymountainmc.com carries Titax.

I like the Titax Stainless rear sprocket. I have gotten great wear out of it. You are right on the money with your chain choice.

I too like titax...and there fairly cheap too! Check prices at rockymountainatv.com

You send those Part numbers to the TT store or Brian Wilson he will get them for you. We are going to Parts direct here shortly as well. Cant go wrong with the price garuntee either

I too like titax...and there fairly cheap too! Check prices at rockymountainatv.com

I'll second that. I've gone to the Titax stainless sprocket as well and am quite happy with mine so far. Got it at rockymountain.com.

I'll second that. I've gone to the Titax stainless sprocket as well and am quite happy with mine so far. Got it at rockymountain.com.

Another vote for Titax and DID Xring chains from rockymountain. Can't go wrong on the price and LONG wear.

I have had great luck with Sunstar. They are priced lower than Renthal, they wear very well and the weight factor is equal with Renthal.

I have a brand new Ironman I'll sell you. I paid $80 shipped. Make me an offer. :)

If you get a Sunstar make sure you get the steel since that's what you're asking for above. They make both steel and aluminum.

everyone is giving great and very true sugestions

theres a lot of different combos to go with

that did520vm chain is outstanding with sunstar or any stainless sprocket

ive had mine on since march of 2000 and am just now changing them out

The BEST would simply have to be the elite Ironman steel... :)

Titax steel, Sunstart steels, will last a long time yes. But the Ironman is only 4oz heavier than an aluminum sprocket. "Regular" steel sprockets are like, 1lb or more heavier than aluminum. Unsprung weight is bad. Adding a pound or more to your wheels is against the grain, but most people don't notice. Whatever works for you and your pocketbook! :D

I am probably going to buy this stuff from www.accwhse.com. Do have to look for a specific bolt pattern for the 426?

Do have to look for a specific bolt pattern for the 426?

When you order the part let them know what the bike model is...

Well I just placed an order for a 114 link DID 520MV X Ring chain from www.accwhse.com for $90.00 part number 20123. I got the spockets from my local dealer. I got a 48T rear and a 14T front!

The BEST would simply have to be the elite Ironman steel... :)

Titax steel, Sunstart steels, will last a long time yes. But the Ironman is only 4oz heavier than an aluminum sprocket. "Regular" steel sprockets are like, 1lb or more heavier than aluminum. Unsprung weight is bad. Adding a pound or more to your wheels is against the grain, but most people don't notice. Whatever works for you and your pocketbook! :D

You have to be real fast to notice 1 pound difference on the back wheel.In that case Therapture you will never notice. :D :D

You have to be real fast to notice 1 pound difference on the back wheel.In that case Therapture you will never notice. :D:)

In your case, I could bolt the Queen Mary to your back end and you would be just as fast! :D :D

Love my Tixax too!

Anyone try the Sunstar Z-Sprocket? Any info on how its weight compares to an aluminum sprocket?