450 exc exhaust

Does anyone know if a silencer/spark arrester from a 2001 520exc will fit my 2003 450exc. Also I would like your opinion on what is the best after market silencer/spark arrester for adding low end and keeping quiet, or is the stock the best there is.

Timan - I'm not sure if the 01 exhaust will fit or not. My guess is probably no. The stock system on your KTM is excellent in my opinion. It's realitively quiet as well. I put on a Pro Circuit T-4 slip on silencer on my 04' 450. It adds some low end power but is very, very loud. I run closed course races so it's no big issue for me. If you want the low end it's going to get louder in my opinion. If you are concerned about the noise I would just stick with stock.

Yes, it'll fit as long as we're talking MXC/EXC. I think the stock system is awesome. Anything that is as quiet won't give you any more performance but you may loose a little weight. Kind of an expensive weight loss, though.

I think the stock system is awesome. Anything that is as quiet won't give you any more performance but you may loose a little weight. Kind of an expensive weight loss, though.

I totally agree with the above statement. The stock silencer on the KTM is excellent. I hate buying a brand new bike then having to spend more to get an exhaust system that actually works! :D Just one of the many reasons I love my KTM. :)