First performance mods.

1) Zip Ty fuel screw, fixes idle circuit up to mid - may not really enhance your stock power curve, helps with starting and idling upto mid...

2) Jetting kit, fixes your power curve by getting it right everywhere if you know what you're doing - may not really inhance your stock power curve since it is designed more for getting your jetting straighten out to get the max out of what you currently have (versus boosting it beyond stock if you know what I mean)...

3) I-Cat, don't know, but from what I've read, it's suppose to enhance your power curve all over by keeping the spark longer. ?

4) Ignition/CDI box, designed to enhance your power curve by changing the ignition map(s) at various points in the power curve.

5) Race fuel, designed to enhance your power curve all over

6) Exhaust system, designed to enhance your power curve - the boost in the curve is part of the design of the system and can vary as to where the increase is...

Others :D

How much top end will I be sacrificing with the 50t? I like the way mine is now but i would like to be able to get a little more bottom end punch. Will this change make wheelies easier? I can do good wheelies now but I have to pull up to get them real good.

How much top end will I be sacrificing with the 50t? I like the way mine is now but i would like to be able to get a little more bottom end punch. Will this change make wheelies easier? I can do good wheelies now but I have to pull up to get them real good.

I switched to a 50t about half way through the season. With the bigger sprocket, the bike revs up quicker and pulls harder. You might lose a bit of top speed but thats it.

50 is a big jump from 48 tooth. I like to run 49 all the time and 50 on tight or muddy tracks. longer more open tracks kind of leave me stuck in between 3rd and 4th . you have to remember that if you went to a 51 that would make second like 1st with a 48. so keep it in mind with a 50 3rd is real close to riding in 2nd with 48 t. it has its uses but I wouldnt run 50 again unless I was woods riding or specific uses (mud).I love the 49 it just right

Have your suspension done first. You will be much faster with out touching anything else, but you know and I know you will just pump up the power first. One day in the future when you finally get around to doing your suspension, you will understand what I am saying. ?

I am getting ready to buy a used 03 250F. Some of the reviews are saying that the stock suspension is excellent out of the box. Other than changing the springs for the weight diffrents. Are you saying to have the suspension revalved as well as the springs, or is the valving good from the get go? I am pretty new to dirt bikes, this being my first 4 stroke. I have been ridding for about 12 years, and have always redone my suspension on my street bike first. Thanks

Dan

I am getting ready to buy a used 03 250F. Some of the reviews are saying that the stock suspension is excellent out of the box. Other than changing the springs for the weight diffrents. Are you saying to have the suspension revalved as well as the springs, or is the valving good from the get go? I am pretty new to dirt bikes, this being my first 4 stroke. I have been ridding for about 12 years, and have always redone my suspension on my street bike first.

The suspension is very good stock, don't get me wrong. But it is so much BETTER when done by an aftermarket company.

On the springs, it depends how much you weigh and what your skill level is. Talk to any of the companies and they'll let you know if you need a spring change or not.

I'm in the same boat as you, putting on some of my first mods. I already have a twinair filter and renthal bars/grips. One of my x-mas presents was to get my frame powder coated, so while my bike is ripped apart I was thinking of sending my suspention to enzo or another co., getting a powernow, Tip-Ty fuel screw, new sprokets(sidewinder)/chain(D.I.D.) My question is should get a 49T or 50T rear sprocket? The two tracks I will be racing are completely different; one is a tight sx like track, while the other is more open like a real mx track. Any suggestions?

I am getting ready to buy a used 03 250F. Some of the reviews are saying that the stock suspension is excellent out of the box. Other than changing the springs for the weight diffrents. Are you saying to have the suspension revalved as well as the springs, or is the valving good from the get go? I am pretty new to dirt bikes, this being my first 4 stroke. I have been ridding for about 12 years, and have always redone my suspension on my street bike first. Thanks

If you are going to be strictly an MX guy, then yes the suspension is pretty good out the box, once the spring rate is correct for your weight. It still can be mucho better though.

If you are riding woods at all, then a revalve on the forks is a must. The stock shock will work, but the front end deflects off everything and is border line dangerous to ride at high speeds in the woods. Don't get me wrong, you can ride stock in the woods, I did it for 8 months. But after the revalve, it is just incredible how much faster and less beat up I am. I will NEVER ride MX valving in the woods again.

I run the 48t rear on wider courses and 50 on tighter stuff.