Hydraulic Clutch

I have the Hebo Universal Hydraulic Clutch (same one used on KTM's)on my 426 and love the one finger pull. I have not had a problem with it since I installed it over a year ago. I bought it from E-rider. ?

I've heard some bad things about magura's setup with plastic pressure lines that is why I tried Hebo.

Here is the web site http://www.erider.ws/hyd.htm

I have had a Magura unit for 6 months now, no problems other than my big foot kicking the snot out of the old style slave cylinder, making it leak eventually. I have the updated slave cylinder and bracket now, very sano.

I am buying the updated parts to make the old unit "new" and selling it...

I won't have a bike without one. Cable clutches are going the way of the dinosaur IMO. As they come down in price and people try them, they will realize what they have been missing ?

hey dude, I have a Hebo, and not being that technical - decided to fit it over xmas. the change is incredible! I had to fabricate a small bracket to bolt the piston to, however I've asked on here, and most just zip tie it to the frame near the rad. Really good mod. If you want pics I can post some on here. Easy to fit and even better to use!

Thanks for the pics,I have been think-

ing strongly about a juice clutch....

Especially after this last ride at Stoney Ford.I got so tired I could hardly pull the clutch in....The guys

with KTMs were making fun of me...

Have you done the clutch fix on your bike? Shortened the throw out arm?

I did that and it made the clutch just enough harder that by the end of the

day its a pain to pull in....

BC

the kit i bought had loads of different fixings, I would guess it will fit anything without much problem. I'm no engineer, and I managed it in about an hour and a hlf. Ask when buying if the kit has a universal fixing kit included. If its cheap enough then you can always buy the correct cable fixer from your local mx parts supplier for a few pence anyway. good mod to do,

thanx for the info..i emailed erider website and they said it will fit fine on my 99 YZ400 however when i asked my bf about getting one for my bike he said its not that great cuz if you brake something in the trails your screwed....well are you not screwed anyways if you brake your clutch cable anyways...i dont' really know what he meant buy that but maybe cuz there are more parts vunerable to damage, i don't know...but also he said i didn't need one cuz id be a wimp for getting hydraulic..........my clutch is pretty heavy compared to his 2000 WR400 clutch and i just want it to be easier on my arm over a 6-8 hour riding day when im racing enduros.......

any comments i can pass on to him about the hydraulic clutch??

Tammie, dude come ride with us! Any girl who rides is not a whimp! Tell your BF to support you for the hydrolic clutch, any girl who rides is worth any trick parts she wants!!

Robmorphet,

Sweet bracket! Did you make that yourself? What did you cut it with and where did you get the stock metal? Also with the Hebo unit, do you notice that the clutch starts to engage with the lever closer to the bar than with the old cable clutch, or is it about the same?

he said its not that great cuz if you brake something in the trails your screwed....well are you not screwed anyways if you brake your clutch cable

Almost all of your big trucks and foreign cars have juice clutches....

They run up and down the hiways for thousands of miles.....How many BROKEN

JUICE CLUTCHES do you see on the side of the road? ZERO......So why would a

JUICE CLUTCH break on a bike?...It won't

BC ?

Robmorphet,

Sweet bracket! Did you make that yourself? What did you cut it with and where did you get the stock metal? Also with the Hebo unit, do you notice that the clutch starts to engage with the lever closer to the bar than with the old cable clutch, or is it about the same?

sirthumpalot,

Made the bracket out of steel, and painted using hammerite - I only have the basic w/shop tools, piece of steel from an old router base ? and a jnr hacksaw! Took me about 1.5 hours to do. I'm pretty pleased with it - however I think i'm going to buy a z-start as I do more Supermoto than Trails...typical eh!

he said its not that great cuz if you brake something in the trails your screwed....well are you not screwed anyways if you brake your clutch cable

Almost all of your big trucks and foreign cars have juice clutches....

They run up and down the hiways for thousands of miles.....How many BROKEN

JUICE CLUTCHES do you see on the side of the road? ZERO......So why would a

JUICE CLUTCH break on a bike?...It won't

BC ?

Even if it does, it's easy to ride and , Yes even start off from a stop in the dirt....give her a little gas and stomp 1st, if she stalls, do it again with more gas.....I've had to do it a couple times back in the old days :D