Who lives/rides in Ontario?

On 3/9/2016 at 7:15 PM, doublenickles said:

Live in Thunder bay in the winter, Atikokan in the Summers. Atikokan has a gigantic abandoned iron mine to ride and a pretty awesome MX track thats owned by the town so its free to ride pretty much anytime. Tracks volunteer run and they have two races a year I think. Looking for people to ride with In the Thunder Bay/Atikokan area and maybe try and get a hare scramble organized somewhere up here.  

hey, i live in thunder bay. lappe area to be more specific and i dont know where to ride. theres a few trails near where i live but would like to get out more

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just picking up dirt bikes again after many years on the street. Live in Burlington area.

Anybody here a member at The 15 Practice Track? Would like to ride there, but don't know a member to sign me in. Also, what do they charge per day?

• 2 weeks later...

started riding the 15 Practice Track.  We just showed up and Paid.  You pay a yearly $25.00 fee per family and then $25.00 per ride.   I will say this is the best track I have ridden.  Its always in top shape.   The owners do a fantastic job on it.   Everything there is rideable, meaning no gaps or anything crazy that is geared for pro riders.   All levels of riders can use this track and feel comfortable.   

Right now you only pay $10 for the yearly fee because season is ending.      

10 hours ago, neilnice said:

Where is this track located? Never heard of it. I'm out in the far east end of gta. Not much to ride here besides illegal pits, the ganny and a couple tracks in the kawarthas. Not including any mmrs tracks

It's near Woodstock / Ayr area where the 401 and 403 meet up. It would be very far for anyone east of Toronto. It's an hour away from me here in Burlington. It's usually a toss up whether I go to Gopher Dunes or 15 Practice Track. Gopher is nice because they actually have some facilities, 15 practice track I think might have a port o potty.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2017 at 2:55 PM, Sommemark said:

Does anyone know when practice 15 closes for the season? My buddy and i are in the Ancaster area and thinking riding out there, do you need insurance&plate to ride there? Sorry if this was already asked...

Sommes

any private track wont need insurance or a plate

If any of you in Eastern Ontario plan to ride at X-Town or SRA (near Montreal) or,

MXPN in the Outaouais region, they've all announced on their respective Facebook pages 

that this Sunday is likely to be the last track day of the 2017 season.

Edited by mlatour

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 3:22 PM, nickerkx said:

yes 15 as no amenities, but yes a porta potty.

We bring our own food and BBQ and make a day of it.    I wish there were more tracks to choose from.

I thought we have a decent amount to choose from on the west side of Toronto, but they are somewhat spread apart.

The Pit

15 Practice Track

Gore Road MX

Moto 86

Swiona

Motopark

Gopher Dunes

Steel City Riders (members only)

And Northeast of Toronto there's Burnt River and Alpha MotoX

Plus RJ's Motosport that is only open on Wednesday and Saturday's I think.

Now single track is where we need more places!

On 11/24/2017 at 5:54 PM, neilnice said:

Off topic of where people ride in Ontario.... but would you guys recommend BONDI or RK engines for cylinder head porting and cutting valve seats? Both are within driving distance so any recommendations would help. Thanks

I've always known Bondi to do top notch work. I had a KX125 replated and rebuilt by them and it was very very well done. I'd recommend them to anyone

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2017 at 5:54 PM, neilnice said:

Off topic of where people ride in Ontario.... but would you guys recommend BONDI or RK engines for cylinder head porting and cutting valve seats? Both are within driving distance so any recommendations would help. Thanks

2nd Bondi, got a 97 cr250 he did and its a beast.

• 3 weeks later...

I live in Barrie. Mostly ride Simcoe County forests, tons of great single track. Ride the Ganny, Algonquin, Gooderham areas most years with the OFTR trail ride series.

Lots of awesome legal riding areas in Ontario, just need to get involved with the OFTR to find them.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2014-02-18 at 10:26 PM, redwheeliemonster said:

Hey I'm about 1.5 hours west of Ottawa. Tons of trails around here. Funny there's so many trails but not really people to ride with. No local clubs.

Where is this, I live 1.5 hours S,West can’t find many places to ride .