Flaws

Hy guys, Does anybody know of any problems the 04 450 has? Have they fixed the week valve problem? Is there anything i should watch out for? :)

Hy guys, Does anybody know of any problems the 04 450 has? Have they fixed the week valve problem? Is there anything i should watch out for? :)

Oops, Saw the header and thought you were talking about my wife. :D :D

My '04 is still kicken strong... so far. KNOCK ON WOOD. :)

Mine is fine, except you have to be careful not to twist that throttle thingy too hard.

Mine is fine, except you have to be careful not to twist that throttle thingy too hard.

02' and 03' have the same problem.

mine rocks...no probs other then a head gasket which was my error from being WFO too long.

Might want to watch the torque on the rear axle nut. I think Honda says 95 lbs., mine ended up pulling the threads back then cross threading itself. When I went to remove it, the axle spun in the axle block. After an hour cutting I had to replace the axle, nut, and left axle block. Now I tighten it to 80lbs.

Also, be vigilant about checking the spokes the first few rides.

Thanks for the heads up. :)

Another buddy and I have been trying to figure the valve deal out. Best we can tell it's related to heat. Excessive heat "may" be the culprit. Whether it is or is not, the following is good advice:

*Keep your engine as cool as possible.

1) do not idle long.

2) do use engine ice, red line, etc. in place of anti-freeze in summer months

3) do use quality synthetic engine oil.

4) careful using radiator guards/don't block airflow

5) watch out for tight trail riding/ motocross in the heat of summer - keep airflow across radiators

6) keep your bike jetted correctly/ not too lean

7) clean air filter

8) unobstructed radiator fins

best of luck! it's an awesome bike :)