2004 piston in 2003 model...pretty painless

Wow, what an easy job! MUCH easier than my old 426 was... I pulled the motor down, installed the new parts, and had the head back on in an hour, my friend helped hold stuff like the cam chain. I still have to put the radiators and subframe back on, I was cleaning parts as I went, greasing linkage, etc.

The cylinder looked great, some minor scuffing where the old piston skirt rides, I will mic the old piston tomorrow just to see where it is at. Wrist pin had not a mark on it, no heat coloring or scuffing whatsoever. Bottom of the piston was clean. But I think it really was time to do the top end, about 110hrs on the bike best as I can figure. Little carbon buildup on the valves, nothing major. Valves still in same spec as when it was only 3 months old.

Tomorrow night I will finish her up, looking forward to riding it this weekend :)

I put the 04 piston in my 02 same o hum started on second kick when i put it back together.

you had to go and get in a hurry to put it together and i was thinking of porting your head for free Oh well to late now .Ron

I just tore down my top end a couple of minutes ago. She was mint. Probably about 75 hours on it and it looked like new, except for the carbon. I havent touched the valves since new. Still right on spec. :)

you had to go and get in a hurry to put it together and i was thinking of porting your head for free Oh well to late now .Ron

I will tear it back down in a hurry Ron....it's easy to do, especially now that I have done it twice :)