Sign in to follow this  

kickstand????

What is the best kickstand for the costs? I like the trailtech it looks good for $89 I cant believe what they want for $2 worth of steel. What if I bought the X model kickstand did anyone see it?

I have one of the Trailtech units, and its not just a piece of steel.

Its alloy, and incredibly strong, in fact they designed it for the CRF450, and the design specs were that a rider could have the stand down, and repeatedly kick over the bike, while on the stand, and not fail.

Trust me, its well built.....

You can wait for the X model and order it, when its available later in the year, or trail tech or PMB.....

HR

:)

:D

Sounds like what I am looking for. Where can I buy the Trailtech stand and will the CRF450 model work on my CRF205R ? Pro Billet has one due out in about a month for $150 bucks :) but that a bit steep.

Thanks thats what I was looking at is the trailtech. I have the speedometer on my DRZ and it works great. Hundred and fifty wow wow wow! I still have to buy skids and other things. Is the utah skids any good?

Sounds like what I am looking for. Where can I buy the Trailtech stand and will the CRF450 model work on my CRF205R ? Pro Billet has one due out in about a month for $150 bucks :D but that a bit steep.

Both Trailtech and PMB are wonderful firms with outstanding customer support.

http://www.trailtech.net/

PMB advertises here, so theyhave a link in the TT marketplace.

Either way, tell em you got sent here from ThumperTalk.

Trailtech...stout...

02_cr_up.jpg

PMB....my dealer has one on his CRF450, well made...dont know if you can stand on it and start the bike....couldnt tell you

web_cr_kick.jpg

HR

:)

:D

I have inquired with trailtech about the stand and was told it wouldnt be out for the 250 until end of January. they are changing the mount bracket. I have heard others on here say the 450 bracket works fine. this new bracket is supposed to tuck it in closer to the 250s frame

I have the Trailtech CRF450 stand on my 250. The tip touches the side numberplate by about 1/2 inch when up. Other than that, it fits perfectly and doesn't stick out at all. I got tired of the triangle stand and didn't want to wait.

James

I contacted Trailtech today and they said the 450 stand fits and they would pass along the new 250 bracket when it became available if I purchase the 450 stand now. Thanks, it looks like a nice stand. :)