Sign in to follow this  

2014 crf250r oil?

Hi Guy's,

Picked up my 14" 250r at the weekend. My local dealer (who is an mx shop through and through and only supplies Honda) has supplied me with Rockoil 15w50 racing synthesis 4 for the engine oil, however i notice in the manual it states 10w40.

Will the 15w50 be ok? It seems to be what they use in their workshop and own bikes.

Thanks

Hugh

Hi Guy's,

Picked up my 14" 250r at the weekend. My local dealer (who is an mx shop through and through and only supplies Honda) has supplied me with Rockoil 15w50 racing synthesis 4 for the engine oil, however i notice in the manual it states 10w40.

Will the 15w50 be ok? It seems to be what they use in their workshop and own bikes.

Thanks

Hugh

I would use what the manual calls for. That oil seems heavy. I use Amsoil 10-40

• Like 1

A 15w-50 full-synthetic is fine as long as it's not below 10degC or so when you're starting the bike. It'll have a much lower pour point temp than a 15w-50 dino-based oil so it'll flow through the motor just fine.

Can I put same fully synthetic oil for engine and tranny?  

Thanks. 

Edited by RED519

Can I put same fully synthetic oil for engine and tranny?  

Thanks. 

I would not use a synthetic oil in your trans. Use a good 80w trans oil like maxima, Honda oil etc. I have had bad experience with synthetic in clutch area. 

I use only used Agip 75W-90 full synthetic in the gearbox of my 011 250r and never had a problem.