Aluminum Frames?

I'm sure a few of you on TT get Dirt Rider mag. Did any of you get to see the write-up of the 2005 aluminum frame YZ125? :) I know the pics were a little old. But it said that it looks like a production bike. :D

It has a totally different look than the Honda and the 2005 Suzuki RMZ450. :D I kinda like it and hope that it will be in production for a late 04 release. :D :D That will be when I get my new bike. :D Unless Yamaha comes out with the 85 class thumper. :D Then I will be getting that for my son.

Later

Why go to aluminum if there is no real advantage?

Hondas are not that much if any lighter than Yamahas.

Hopefully if they do an aluminum frame it is "right" out of the box. :)

Unless Yamaha comes out with the 85 class thumper.

This is next up in Yamaha's line. YZ125F It's roumored for 06.

As for the aluminium frame 2-strokes I think that will be cool. I doubt we'll see them on thumpers before 06 though.

The alum frame is not new to Yamaha. The alum frame may not be lighter, it may not serve any real advantage but they have to follow the trend to keep sales up. Yamaha has the best package now but it's being called old school so they have to change to keep the kids & new buyers attention.

Hondas are not that much if any lighter than Yamahas.

:)

I know this, but they do look good. Aluminum for one has better corrosion resistance. They whole underside of my 250f has paint worn and surface rust. That is not good for a Mx bike.

This is next up in Yamaha's line. YZ125F It's roumored for 06.

I thought is was going to be for 05. Any info you can spread gonzo?

I think Yamaha is missing the main points that Honda went to the aluminum frame for. Looks and sales. Most people like the look of hondas frame more than yamahas and an aluminum frame is a big selling point for Honda too. I think Yamaha should use a black anodized permiter frame like they use on their 03 r6's. That would look really good and probably help their sales.

what is so different than the yamaha frame that people like about honda's so much?