Case cracked ! Can i fix it ?

My right case has a small crack. Right under the base of a bolt (thin red line in picture).

crack.jpg

Oil is 'bleeding' slowly through the crack when the engine is working. Is there some kind of glue or whatever that I can put on top of the crack to stop the oil ? I really don't want to buy a new case right now.

jnk

That may be a stress crack from the bolt there - I would take it off and clean it and apply JB weld on inside and outside. That should work fine :):D

I have used Araldite (UK product not sure if you have the same in USA) on cracks like this is the past - worked fine for me.

Andy

JB Weld. Then, most importantly you need to upgrade to a White Brothers' skid plate!

Kit

I don't know if you can buy Araldite in the US, but here in Greece you can :). It's a metal glue, isn't it ?

What is a JB weld ? Can I find it in hardware stores ?

jnk

Araldite is a glue used for lots of materials - not just metal. It is an epoxy - which is also what JB weld is I think.

http://www.jbweld.net

I don't know if you can buy Araldite in the US, but here in Greece you can :). It's a metal glue, isn't it ?

What is a JB weld ? Can I find it in hardware stores ?

jnk

JB weld! This stuff is incredible. Just be sure the area is 100% clean and it should solve your problem until you can replace the case. Don't crank the bolt down too tight or it will open back up :)

If you want to just replace it, Jesse is selling a brand-new spare clutch cover for cheap. Check the parts for sale forum. :)

I dropped my bike on a downhill the brake lever put a crack in the clutch cover which slowly leaked oil. Instead of spending $90 on a new cover the dealer told me to use JB-weld overnight drying ($5 at homedepot). He said there is also a quick drying version and not to use it. I put on the weld and the CFC covers I bought after this happened and haven't had a problem since.

Hi like the gentleman below said I have 2 brand new ones that retail for 150.00 one can be your's for 90.00 to your doorstep......Jesse