Manual clutch kits for the XR50

Anyone know who makes the best manual clutch kit for the fiddy? I am planning on replacing the auto/centrifigal clutch on my sons xr soon with a functional, manual clutch. He will be ready to upgrade to a bigger bike before long, and I want him to learn to use a manual clutch on a bike he is already comfortable riding.

How hard is the install? How reliable are they? Is the friction point adjustable? How about total cost? All things I must consider before doing the mod! Thanks in advance for the replies!

dratv,com has a clutch kit for about 2 hundo It's the same kit thats in my bike and I love it very durable and easy to instal

I also have the Dratv clutch. My opinion is it is very reasonably priced as the other kits I have seen are upwards of $500.00, that said you get what you pay for. On my 50 it is not like a clutch on a big bike, it is like an off and on switch. You cannot slip it out of a corner or from a standstill. The slightest cable movement disengages it. For me (150 lbs) at the track it isnt what i hoped for but for a kid learning the basics it is ideal

Sik 50's sells a 5-speed manual clutch kit but its like $1600 :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By RCWSO
      I have an 07 CRF70 that I have done the filter pod modificaiton by cutting the extension tube off and I have drilled a couple of holes in the end of the exaust per some instructions on a thread here at TT.
      I have recently had some problems getting the bike to idle consistently. I am wondering if I should try and rejet the bike at all or get a needle from an older carb that is adjustable. I do have a unifilter that I can put in as well with the stock pod that I cut.
      It is not that the bike wont run or start, it just seems to only idle if I turn it up significantly but as soon as I turn it down even 1/8 of a turn it dies. But the idle that I set to keep it running well is too fast as the bike will move forward if in gear and no throttle is applied.
      Any suggestions? Jetting, needle, air screw change with an older carb?
    • By the-new-kid
      hello guys I'm like really new to this, like extremely new but I was going to buy xr-70r from a friend and drop a Lifan 125cc engine in it (here's the link: ). Now the site says its a 4preed trans with normal gear set up (1-n-2-3-4), and manual front clutch, I'm wondering if I need to buy the clutch lever, perch, and cable then connect it all. Then secondly, what pip should I be looking for I'm not sure if the header would have to be a different style or what exactly.... please be patient with me I'm doing the best I can to learn... thanks
    • By anger806
      hi im new to the forum and i am running a stock 2005 crf 50f with pro tapers but no engine mods what size carburetor should i be looking for to get a little more pep out of my motor?
    • By HondaRacer37
      Hey everyone.  Darn glad to have found this forum!
      Just bought my son a 2009 CFR70 (first bike - 8 years old) and the first thing I'm doing is scrapping the factory air box for a UNI pod filter.
      I'm looking for advice on how I can open up/modify the factory exhaust for more performance.  I heard about removing the screen and drilling some holes but have not found those posts. Any specific advice would be greatly appreciated. (Found only a couple performance aftermarket pipes that were very pricey.)
      I'm thinking after the air filter change and pipe opening the main jet size may need to be increased. It's a stock 13mm Keihin carb.  What size is recommended?  Haven't looked at the stock size yet. 
      I assume the needle is adjustable on the slide (but don't know if this would do any good or be necessary anyway) and hope there is an air mixture screw somewhere because it seems the carb could use a bit of adjustment now.  Although next to the idle screw it looks like a brass cap or plug rather than a screw. (See photo attached.)
      Thanks for any advice.  It's great to be part of this group.  Ride on!
      Greg in Florida

• By thousandbuckle
      Hello all, reaching out to you today to get some help with a small project I am trying to do.
      I just bought a 2006 CRF50 for my 3 year old and would like to rig it up with a wireless remote kill switch for those just in case moments. I have the throttle speed screw installed and will limit it that way also but want a back up until she is proficient and I feel confident.
      Since this bike does not have electric start there is no battery. I was wondering if any one has or knows how to rig up a wireless car alarm system to work as a remote kill switch. I know I will need a 12 Volt battery on the bike which I can get. I know there is a product from 3Built that does this but the range is only 250 feet and some say it is even less than that. I was thinking of a car system since the range is usually around 1,000 feet which is overkill but I prefer overkill when it comes to this topic,
      Any DIY thoughts you might have or suggestions would be appreciated.