Keihini jet in a Mikuni carb? HELP BURNED!

I took apart my brother's 400S carb and found that there was a wierd main jet installed. I am not sure if it was keihin or not, but it did have the "k" imprinted on one side that looked just like the jets that I get for my FCR. Can this be possible? The mikuni main jet didn't even fit.

Are there more than one main jets available?

We wnated to put a 135 main jet on there, but the jet on there is already a 135. Would this make a difference even if we switched them out?

About the fuel screw - can someone give me a good website that has a picture of the mikuni carb with the fuel screw location and stuff.

I took a picture of the carb, but it wasn't a a very good one. I will try and post it later when I get it on my computer.

Thanks for your help for an unworthy DRZer.

eddie

sounds like somebody cross threaded a kehin jet in.try putting the mikuni jet in very carefully.

there seemed to have been some sort of adapter on which the keihin jet was put. It seemed very odd to me. Any idea what that is?

eddie

does it have a cv carb or a fcr?pic would be great.

Here is a link to the carb. I don't think that you can see but there is a keihin main jet on there. I am pretty sure that the Mikuni jet that we bought didn't fit. Again, would it make any differnece which jet we used?

Also, the stupid dealer sho took the carb apart last time stripped almost all of the four bolts that hold the carb together. Does anyone know what size of bolts are needed and where can you find some that will work? I like the 400E's better - hex rather than philips. Any help is appreciated.

eddie

You will need to replace them with allen head bolts. Will need three 4mm bolts at 0.7 pitch 10mm long and one 12mm long.

thanks sno. I will buy them - probably at a local parts store as no one carries metric! Anyway, does anyone have any answers about the mail jet? It is really weird. Just wondering.

eddie

thats the needle jet.its normal.

thanks sno. I will buy them - probably at a local parts store as no one carries metric! Anyway, does anyone have any answers about the mail jet? It is really weird. Just wondering.

eddie

I was at Lows Home Improvent store (if you have them where you are at) and in the hardware section they had lots of metric allen head screws. If you do a search on allen head screws in this forum you should come up with someone who posted the exact thread pitch and length of the ones needed. :)