A little father son riding!

Been on a couple good rides with my stepson now. The past two weekends we've made a trip out to Barnwell Mountain in northeast texas. He's 8 and just got his first dirt bike (a TTR 110) for Christmas. At the same time I got back into riding after a 3-4 year hiatus and bought myself a husaberg TE 300. We've been having a blast and I'm so proud of him, he's definitely a natural!

Our first trip went really smooth, both of us had a blast. He really surprised me on some if the trails he was able to follow me through. Unfortunately we didn't stop and take many pictures on the trail, but these are a few my better half took of us.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1390749608.262667.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1390749657.128200.jpg

His first real "crash" he was a little sore after it...

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1390749700.464468.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1390749808.181802.jpg

This weekend was a different story. Neither of us were really feeling it. We were still having a good time exploring new trails. Came across this, it was a memorial for a fallen rider, we took a little break here in remembrance.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1390750109.479896.jpg

Things started going poorly around this time. Both of us were already getting tired when I took a turn down what I thought was going to be a short trail. Got into some fun single track, this was about the widest it ever got at this point. We took a break here, my bike started boiling over, and both of us started getting tired.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1390750444.974756.jpg

Unfortunately this is where the fun ended. The further we went, the tighter and more technical the trail got. There was not enough room to turn around so we had to trudge on. Eventually it got too rocky/rooted for my stepson to ride. To add to the rough terrain, it was a constantly up one hill side and down another. I ended up having to ride my bike a hundred yards or so and then walk back up the hill and do the same with his. Took us a solid 2-3 hours to make it out. I have never been so physically exhausted in my life. Still have no idea where we were, but it would have been some awesome single track if I wasn't having to ride for two and wasn't already tired by the time we made it there. Wouldn't change it for a thing though, we made some great memories on that trail!

• Like 6

Memories you guys made together.

All home safe and sound, so it was a sucess. 

And now, in retrospect, well worth it.

How many other 8-year olds will pipe in with a story "Hey remember that time when I was eight and we got way lost in the Texas mountains and you had to ride my little TTR out for me?!  Took HOURS!!"

So, yea, you guys got that going for ya.

CooHead

Edited by CooHead