Decomp plugs ready

All,

The aluminum blanking plugs for the manual decomp shaft hole are done and ready to be shipped. The price is $5 ea and includes shipping. PM me with your mailing address and quantity. I'm going to ship the plugs on the honor system until someone proves me wrong. Sorry, no Paypal, please send a money order, personal check or cashiers check.

Photos of plug and installation;

http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=697578752103&page=1&sort_order=0

I might have to order a plug...The stock '03 rubber plug is just asking to blow out at just the wrong time...

I might have to order a plug...The stock '03 rubber plug is just asking to blow out at just the wrong time...

That's why I'm getting one..... :)

Sent ya a PM. Does anyone know the part number of the rubber gromet that the plug fits into?? I took mine out when I plugged it.

I ordered mine! :)

All,

The aluminum blanking plugs for the manual decomp shaft hole are done and ready to be shipped. The price is $5 ea and includes shipping. PM me with your mailing address and quantity. I'm going to ship the plugs on the honor system until someone proves me wrong. Sorry, no Paypal, please send a money order, personal check or cashiers check.

Photos of plug and installation;

http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=697578752103&page=1&sort_order=0

Links is not working :)

The Yamaha part number is 93102-12224 for the seal :)

I am confused :) Do I haved to get a seal to use with this new plug?? I orderd one, but what else if anything do I need. The picture link does not work for me.

I am confused Do I haved to get a seal to use with this new plug?? I orderd one, but what else if anything do I need.

I asked the same question here was his answer

You'll need to purchase the pre-2003 lip seal (Yamaha part # 93102-12224) for around $3 to use with the aluminum plug. You'll have to remove the rubber/steel plug installed at the factory then insert the lip seal and plug. The main difference is that the aluminum plug is held in by the retention screw and can't come out. The factory plug is a friction fit and not all that good.

Thank you

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm thinking as long as you don't pull the old decompression lever seal out of the head, you can just slide the new decomp plug in, install the retainer bolt and call it a day.....

Tony,

You are correct, I designed the plug so that the decomp arm slides out and the aluminum plug slides in and uses the existing lip seal. As long as the lip seal is in good condition you're good to go.

The flange on the front of the plug was designed/sized to hold the seal in as well as protect the interface from pressure washers blowing water past the seal into the engine. Some of the guys are cutting off the decomp lever flush with the seal and in my opinion it might pass water if hit with the pressure washer.

If you have already plugged your engine or in the case of the 03-04's you'll need to remove the rubber plug, install the lip seal (# 93102-12224)and aluminum plug.

Hope this helps, by the way, there are only a few plugs of the original 50 left. I'm going to have the shop order more material and machine 50 more.

Fritz

http://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?collid=697578752103&photoid=916198403103

Received the Vibeguy plug in the mail today. Beautiful workmanship. Great job, thank you.

Got mine today also. Looks great!!!! I love cool machined parts like this.

Vibeguy,

Got mine today..you should see a check any day! THANKS

Got mine today! Very nice work :)

Watch for my check, it's headed your way...

The '04's almost ready!! GNCC Texas here we come!

Also, thanks for the advice to you, Wyatt. Hour-meter good to go, 6oz. Dr D flywheel and D-shape can on. Enjoy graphics on all blue plastic. This thing is looking bad!

If I can figure out how to get a photo posted, I can't wait to show the rest of you TT guys this bad boy.

Vibeguy,

Got mine today! Thanks for the quick service :) It's a great sano mod that I would recommend to anyone with a decomp cam.

Would you believe my local po-dink dealer had the oil seal part in stock :D

$4.03 is what im paying for the oil seal which is required for the plug installation. :)

Vibeguy-

Got mine on Monday. Great workmanship. Super shipping. Thanks..

They must use the same part for a '79 XS650 :D:):D

That's probably the onle reason they had it in stock...