Changing oil in XR 250

The manual says only use oil approved for a 4 stroke motorcycle. Does this mean I cant use regular 20W-50 in the crank case? Is there a difference between Honda 4 stroke oil and Penzoil or Castrol? Thanks.

Your new to the site so we'll go easy on you. :)

Really though, just go to the "search forum" and type in: Oil.

Hang on tight, it's the hottest subject in our forum.

When i changed my oil i just ordered some PJ1 and used that!! THat is exactly what you need to do... use good oil and no crap!

One time I cought smokin250 putting WD-40 into his bike but then I stoped him. J/k LOL So you've put your new oil filter and new oil in your bike yet smokin?

Yea i put all my new oil, oil filter, and UNI aif filter... Its awesome.. I would recomend PJ! because i have heard tons of people on here say that oil is the best but thats also my opinion... wd/40?? haha thats good! lol :)

I personally run Amsoil Synthetic, but that's just me :D:)

there is different oil's you can use just try to use something that you personally think is a good choice...

Any oil is better than no oil.

Clean oil is better than dirty oil.

Keep the bike oil clean and at the proper level is best.

Synthetic vs "Dino" Oil = Long debate

Motorcycle vs Car Oil = Longer debate

I was all set to pick up a case of 15-50 Mobil 1 and Costco didn't have it in stock. :) Not sure if I want to try Delo 15-40.

The manual says only use oil approved for a 4 stroke motorcycle. Does this mean I cant use regular 20W-50 in the crank case? Is there a difference between Honda 4 stroke oil and Penzoil or Castrol? Thanks.

See the Thread titled "SUMPOLOGY". It will explain everything.

Cher'o,

Dwight