yz85/ttr125

Ok this has probably been asked a million times already, and since im to lazy to search this forum i'll post this question of all questions again. Has anybody successfully swapped a ttr125 motor into a yz85 frame (not a yz80 its different). If so what type of fabrication was involved?

yes it has been asked

If you have the energy to ask this then you could have done the search :)

Dave :)

Hey thanks for the help fellas you are all grade A :)

Not too hard. Here is a pic of one in a YZ80. There are few real differences with a YZ85 frame.

fbffc669.jpg

u probably could, i think if u move the rear engine mount back to wear u need it it might work. i was also thinkin about doin it

u probably could, i think if u move the rear engine mount back to wear u need it it might work. i was also thinkin about doin it

i think that ppl say its easier with a cr 85 frame...but you still have to do some fabrication

Wouldn't the bike be faster with the 85 motor in it?

Thats kind of what I was thinking.. Why take out an 80/85cc race motor and swap in a slow TTR 125 motor... I dont get the point

why dont you just....keep the 80/85 race motor in the frame? if your buying the bike why dump a high performance race motor? unless you have a very trick tt-r125 motor that already beats 80/85 two strokes.... i guess i just dont understand..........

I wish yamaha made them. My 11 year old daughter will never race, but I like the chasis of the YZ 80 better than the ttr's. I think it would be the perfect trail bike for her IMHO. :banghead:

If your going to spend the time and money on a conversion, dont waste it with a TTR125 engine. XR200/CR/YZ 80/85 conversions are great! The TTR eingine weighs about as much as the 200 engine, with less than half the potential.

why the hell are you gonna put a ttr125 motor in a yz85 frame when a yz85 goes way faster and i know because i have one and i use to have a ttr125 and yes the yz85s top speed is still faster.

well its a lot lesss to have a new good ttr125 in a race bike frame then a race bike in its own frame plus if you have a ttr125 you probably passed on getting a yz80/85 already

Why take out an 80/85cc race motor and swap in a slow TTR 125 motor... I dont get the point

Why ride an 80/85cc when you could just by a 525sx. I think the point is a preference in power delivery which is more fun to ride. A two stroke has a very narrow powerband that requires much shifting to stay in it. When not in that powerband the ttr probably has the advantage. The ttr will pop wheelies without the clucth and generaly is much easier to live with. The shortfallings of the ttr are in the suspension and the frame strength. So do you get why someone might want to use the yz or cr frame?