Best training wheels for Honda CRF50

• 1 year later...

There are so many brands of training wheels out there....anyone have any recommendations? E-Z Ride, Safelyride, M/C Enterprises. I want something that is fairly easy to take on/off as the bike is shared with 2 kids.

Which set of wheels did you decide on?  We're at the point now with our little one.  He's got the pedal bike down - I just don't want him to crash first time out and be scare of it.  We figure with the wheels he won't have to worry about balance - just working the throttle, shifting and brakes.

Training wheels are a horrible idea on a dirt bike. This isn't something that weighs 15lbs and you fall at 5 mph, its a motorized vehicle where learning how painful falling is is an important aspect.

^^^Here we go again, lol..........Yeah, what a horrible way to learn.  Too bad my kids had to start that way.  They suck now..............

small8.jpg

small16.jpg

Training wheels are a horrible idea on a dirt bike. This isn't something that weighs 15lbs and you fall at 5 mph, its a motorized vehicle where learning how painful falling is is an important aspect.

Everyone - and I mean everyone that I've talked to that put their child on a bike without training wheels first crashed and didn't want to ride again.  Our little guy is 4 years old - speed will be a definite factor with his learning curve.  If they become scare of it - it will take twice as long to get them back up and riding - if at all.  He knows pain from falling off his bicycle, fear is my main concern.

Edited by CRF RedRider

^^^Here we go again, lol..........Yeah, what a horrible way to learn. Too bad my kids had to start that way. They suck now..............

Wasn't trying to reopen this can of worms, just how I learned and taught my oldest and will teach my youngest.

Everyone - and I mean everyone that I've talked to that put their child on a bike without training wheels first crashed and didn't want to ride again. Our little guy is 4 years old - speed will be a definite factor with his learning curve. If they become scare of it - it will take twice as long to get them back up and riding - if at all. He knows pain from falling off his bicycle, fear is my main concern.

I know, my daughter gave up and moved to a quad for a year after a bad bail. This year she had her first big one since and wanted right back on her bike after we got back from the hospital.